Eightline Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus octotaenia)

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to save up for some Earlei sometime this coming year but I'm not sure yet. Probably only get them if price comes down a bit as I don't think I can drop that much on some.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to save up for some Earlei sometime this coming year but I'm not sure yet. Probably only get them if price comes down a bit as I don't think I can drop that much on some.
man, Earlei's are on the list too along with a Johnsoni. when everything settles in the tank and life, I plan on loading up on some more fairies. I will most likely let go of the anthias. I have 4 atm so that's 4 more fairies. Yay!!!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would complete my collection. I have a lennardi coming next month. The Bellea is my holy grail but a little out of my price range for now
not dissin' the Bellea but for me, they got nothing against a full blown SuperMale Attenuatus, esp on flash mode. ;)

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the Maldives Lyretail anthias but have no experience with them and haven't researched them yet. I plan to slow down on fish after this order and focus on getting more life/filtration for the tank in terms of more live rock and bigger media reactors. My water is crystal clear right now especially since a put in ROX today...sandwiched between regular carbon (so I don't have to clean out those tiny pellets, haha)

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not dissin' the Bellea but for me, they got nothing against a full blown SuperMale Attenuatus, esp on flash mode. ;)

Bellae impresses me but not enough to drop cash like that....would be very nice to have but not one of my "must have" wrasses.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have an earlei in my sites but it's so hard to pull the trigger on a fish with that kind of price tag. I feel the same way as you about the Bellae, it's nice but not at the top of my list. Number one on my list right now is a Kuiters leopard as if I'll ever find one.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Gold Assessor Basslet today...another one of those small fish with bright colors that I've always been interested in. Looks like I got the last one as they pulled it from the Basslets page. haha

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway....back to the Eightline before we got too far off track. Will start some other wrasses threads this week so we can all drool :tongue:

Make sure to update the thread when you guys get yours in.

pac_island_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we have some! We are going to hold them for a while to make sure they are solid, but so far all are eating, and look sweeet.

If you've seen a bellae flash, it would change your mind :) they have become my #1 choice for my new tank.... Expensive, but well worth it IMO. Hopefully the prices will come down a little this year ;)

minhvu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pia, any luck on the altenutus for 2012?

Aloha Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple pics i took today:

29DEC11_EightlineGroup_003.jpg

29DEC11_EightlineGroup_002.jpg

29DEC11_EightlineGroup_001.jpg

And BTW... I <3 my Bell's! 8 more days until it hits my display!

BellsPair_002.jpg

BellsPair_001.jpg

Aloha!

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin, do you think Bellae and Earlae will come down in price this year? Do you think they'll be more abundant?

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin, your Bell's is gorgeous and the eightline's look nice and healthy. :bigsmile:

pac_island_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Johnsoni might come down. Im working on getting some more divers over in Kwajalein for some other rarities there on a more consistent basis... However, Bellae and Earles are just not that common in the wild.. and are deeper than johnsoni... so the logistics point to staying about the same for now :)

the 8-lines are doing awesome. everyone eats like pigs!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Johnsoni might come down. Im working on getting some more divers over in Kwajalein for some other rarities there on a more consistent basis... However, Bellae and Earles are just not that common in the wild.. and are deeper than johnsoni... so the logistics point to staying about the same for now :)

the 8-lines are doing awesome. everyone eats like pigs!
I really just have to save up for the Earlei's already. LoL. looking forward to getting a Johnsoni when the price gets a little cheaper. ;)

still waiting for a Supermale 8 Line pic when you guys get a chance. how big is your biggest male?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back