OP
OP
E_Aquatics

E_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if you frag at all, but if you do, let me know, I have ultra high end and high end zoas, plays, some chalices... I noticed you live in Cape Coral... I live in miami, we could meet half way.

Most of what I have are frags and they are not ready to frag just yet. This tank has only been running for 10 months so its still young. Maybe in a few months I'll be able to frag something.

OP
OP
E_Aquatics

E_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick video of my tank! Mostly small frags scattered all over the place. Need to get in there one afternoon and start mounting all those frags to my rocks.

I apologize for the crappy iPhone 6 video but thats the best I can do for now :/

Make sure you watch the video in HD

OP
OP
E_Aquatics

E_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few other frags I have growing!!!

WWC Grafted Cap

This was sold to me as a Pro Coral Rainbow even though I'm not sure if it's exactly that since it's different in color. Only time will tell.

Starburst Monti

Jason Fox Special Porites

Tyree Aequituberculata or green cap lol

Red Goniopora

OP
OP
E_Aquatics

E_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that were wondering how much the pH was affected by just the skimmer drawing in air from outside the house here is a graph from Apex Fusion.

pH Graph.jpg

P.S That drop you see in the middle of the graph is because the probe was out of the water during a water change. At night it has been going down to 9.92 consistently and it goes up to 8.18 throughout the day. With the modification I did to the skimmer the pH is a lot more stable and it does not drop as much as it did before so overall Im happy with the outcome.

OP
OP
E_Aquatics

E_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got these frags today from World Wide Corals!

This one was sent as a freebie, not sure of the name but Im waiting to hear back from WWC with that name.

WWC Gladiator Monti

WWC Little Red Ferrari

WWC Blueberry Fields

WWC Red Shortcake

WWC Grizzly Adams

WWC Cobalt

OP
OP
E_Aquatics

E_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby is never ending :) Several months ago I ordered all the parts to add 8x 54w T5's and it wasn't till yesterday when I was able to put it together. I built two 4 foot light racks instead of one 8 foot long rack for ease of moving it (by myself).

Each rack houses 3x OR Arctic T247 and 4x 54w T5's. Since my tank is 8 feet long the 8x 4 foot bulbs make 4x 8 foot bulbs.

LED's are set at 70% on the blue channel and 45% on the white channel. T5's I have two rows of Blue Plus, 1 row of Purple Plus and 1 row of Coral Plus. Will have to play with the intensity on the LED's to get the color spectrum I like but the way it is right now, its not too far off.
Some pictures of the new light rack, its all made out of 1-1/2" by 1-1/2" lumber, glued together with pocket hole joints and painted black!

Finished Product!!

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you got the other frag of the little red Ferrari. Picked up mine a couple days ago. Looks great.

OP
OP
E_Aquatics

E_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to clean my powerheads tonight, they really needed a good cleaning. That's about 9 months worth of coralline build up and whatever else grew on them.

The two pumps on the left side of the tank are now squeaky clean :) I'll be cleaning the two on the right tomorrow after work.

On a side note, I had to lower the flow on the two pumps I cleaned because my frags were literally falling off the frag rack. I'll need to reposition my frags tomorrow.

From now on I'll be cleaning the powerheads every couple of months like I should had been doing since the beginning.

OP
OP
E_Aquatics

E_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New pictures from tonight!!

This picture shows 1 month growth on my WWC Dragon Slayer, most of the bright green has fade away and its near the edge on the base.

Superman Digi

Joe the Coral

WWC Blue Limeade

Tyree Pink Lemonade

Jason Fox Sour Twist

WWC Dayglo Acro

Unknown SPS

Unknown Milli

Aquarium City Red

Frag Farmer Red Robin Stag

Yellow Tort

OP
OP
E_Aquatics

E_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang this place is dead! Lol

Another comparison shot. Top picture shows coral the day it arrived, bottom picture shows coral as it looks now.

OP
OP
E_Aquatics

E_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**** this place is dead! Lol

Another comparison shot. Top picture shows coral the day it arrived, bottom picture shows coral as it looks now.

The bottom picture should read "Jan 04, 2016" lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 76.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.9%
Back