Exact iDip Digital Water Testing

Arne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, there's a THU which replaces the THH.
There were some issues the older THH upper limit was too low so I guess this is the answer.
I really hope this new THU also solves the Mg problem which is always too low.
When I look at the pictures, I assume the newer iDip 570 Marine Kit also contains the new THU.

C Hawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it very disappointing that Sensafe, a sponsor here, who has just recently "donated" a new marine kit on R2R still is unwilling to discuss their product with us. I view this as an unfortunate indication of the confidence they in their product. Please keep in mind I still use my 570 but not to its intended full potential.

Arne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it's too bad that the iDip still has some things NOT working properly and there is a total lack of communication either.
It looks to me they are not open for a decent discussion, maybe they are afraid of the negative user feedback.

The Sensafe UK rep did the same on Facebook before the group was deleted. He only read what people were posting, more like a spy.
Never took part in a discussion...

I gave him a lot of input/feedback and I even connected him with the Triton Lab overhere in Germany.
Never, never had any feedback !!!!

I picked up a brand new THU set last week at the European distributor.
The strips are labeled "THU" and the fluid is labeled "THH"...

Discussed this with the distributor. He told me all the sets received have this THU/THH combination...
He wasn't too pleased with it and told me he shot an email to Sensafe. Last time I spoke to him he had no answer yet.
On the pictures on the Sensafe website though, it looks to me the marine kits are now delivered with THU strips AND a THU fluid...

Last edited:

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All! My name is Noah Gillespie. I am the new and current Technical Product Manager at Industrial Test Systems. I want to go ahead and apologize for such the long delay in responses from sensafe on this forum. Sensafe's previous Technical Product Manager Christian left the company in December and I have just recently replaced him. I will be the one to take over questions, comments, and concerns for sensafe on R2R. I hope you all will continue to post and I will respond in a timely manner. I urge you all to enter in the current giveaway on R2R that features our eXact iDip marine starter kit.
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/reef2reef-exact-idip®-marine-starter-kit-giveaway.281/

Arne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Noah,
Thanks for joining this conversation... :)

I just shot George Bailey an email concerning the new THU strips.
I picked up these new THU strips and with it there is a bottle of THH fluid...

The distribor overhere said he checked with Sensafe and the THU strips should be used with the THH fluid... :confused:
IF this is true, I think it will cause a lot of confusion.

C Hawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noah, your presence on this forum and this thread is most welcomed and an encouragement to those who use your product as well as future potential users. As I mentioned before, I rely heavily on my exact idip for most of my testing. I just cant seem to produce good readings of ALK and THU. Other than those issues, I truly appreciate the overall functionality and user interface. I look forward to a respectful, robust and fruitful exchange so that the total functionality of the idip is fully realized by all users.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Noah,
Thanks for joining this conversation... :)

I just shot George Bailey an email concerning the new THU strips.
I picked up these new THU strips and with it there is a bottle of THH fluid...

The distribor overhere said he checked with Sensafe and the THU strips should be used with the THH fluid... :confused:
IF this is true, I think it will cause a lot of confusion.

Mr. Arne,
The THU strips should be used with THU reagent/fluid. If you will email me at [email protected] with your address I will send you the proper THU fluid.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noah, your presence on this forum and this thread is most welcomed and an encouragement to those who use your product as well as future potential users. As I mentioned before, I rely heavily on my exact idip for most of my testing. I just cant seem to produce good readings of ALK and THU. Other than those issues, I truly appreciate the overall functionality and user interface. I look forward to a respectful, robust and fruitful exchange so that the total functionality of the idip is fully realized by all users.
Thank you so much for your comment and we value you as a customer. Our research and development lab is working everyday on trying to resolve the issues with ALK and THU. We understand the frustration and hope to have these issues resolved as soon as possible. If their is anything I can do to help, questions I can answer, or comments that you have please let me know.

Arne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don't call me mister Noah, just Arne will do just fine... ;)

Thank you so much, I will send you an email with my address.

But Noah, this way you can see this is NOT picked up properly by the European distributor and it's too bad that this way:
1 - The user gets confused
2 - The user gets a faulty reading
3 - iDip gets a bad name

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don't call me mister Noah, just Arne will do just fine... ;)

Thank you so much, I will send you an email with my address.

But Noah, this way you can see this is NOT picked up properly by the European distributor and it's too bad that this way:
1 - The user gets confused
2 - The user gets a faulty reading
3 - iDip gets a bad name
I can say we are working on new methods to make the iDip user friendly. I understand that faulty readings and problems with ALK and THU have been difficult on users and consumers. We are working daily to resolve these issues as soon as possible. I ask what has made you as a user confused with the iDip? I will always take suggestions on the iDip, reagents, strips, etc.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noah, education is the key to all good customer support issues. Hope you will be able to get everything worked out and everyone will get the product them want.:)

Arne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Noah, I think most users think the iDip is very user friendly.
In my opinion, it is well made and has great potential but there are still some issues to resolve.

I don't have issues with ALK.
I do have issues with Mg which is always too low. Had it checked more than once by labs overhere in Germany, like Triton and Gilbers.
I also discussed this with Luke Thurville.

I also have a problem with NO3 an PO4 of which the readings are not trustworthy.
For PO4 a HIGH and LOW version would be great.

Another pain is the total lack of support on this side of the ocean. No communication and NO support, not even from Luke... sorry.
The last one is concerning the updates...
We as endusers, we never know what has been changed after an update.

E.g. when at first the lower limit for NO3 is 3 ppm and after an update it is corrected to be 1 ppm, which is great, and the user doesn't know this...
What does this mean when my iDip shows LO the next time I do a NO3 test??
I have to know what LO and/or HI means!

Specs and latest limits are hard to find on the website. Have a look at PO4 for the iDip 570...

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noah, education is the key to all good customer support issues. Hope you will be able to get everything worked out and everyone will get the product them want.:)
I agree completely. We are going to do everything in our power to make everyone happy with our product and the product they want. I urge you to let me know if you have any questions, comments, and suggestions.

Bernard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions about it. When I test ammonia it comes up with the LO reading. I wasn't aware of the THH issue so I guess I need to buy that instead of what came with the unit?

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Noah, I think most users think the iDip is very user friendly.
In my opinion, it is well made and has great potential but there are still some issues to resolve.

I don't have issues with ALK.
I do have issues with Mg which is always too low. Had it checked more than once by labs overhere in Germany, like Triton and Gilbers.
I also discussed this with Luke Thurville.

I also have a problem with NO3 an PO4 of which the readings are not trustworthy.
For PO4 a HIGH and LOW version would be great.

Another pain is the total lack of support on this side of the ocean. No communication and NO support, not even from Luke... sorry.
The last one is concerning the updates...
We as endusers, we never know what has been changed after an update.

E.g. when at first the lower limit for NO3 is 3 ppm and after an update it is corrected to be 1 ppm, which is great, and the user doesn't know this...
What does this mean when my iDip shows LO the next time I do a NO3 test??
I have to know what LO and/or HI means!

Specs and latest limits are hard to find on the website. Have a look at PO4 for the iDip 570...
I will most certainly try address all of this.

When it comes to Mg we are trying to extend the ranges on our strips so that magnesium can be calculated more accurately. We understand this issue and are working to fix it.

I will definitely suggest a HIGH and LOW version of PO4. I will look into possible interference's or problems with NO3 and PO4 and get back to you. I have not heard this issue yet. In the meantime can you provide me with the Expiration dates and Lot numbers that are on your NO3 and PO4 bottles.

I will suggest myself as your support and communication. I will provide all my information and do my very best to help in anyways possible. I will be checking this blog daily as well. Email:[email protected] phone:(803)329-9712 ext.214

When it comes to updates I will suggest that we let the users know what has changed. It might not come directly to your phone and might have to be something we post on our website, this forum, and other social media outlets.

I would go into settings and reset to default. The update might have interfered with your NO3 test. I hope this helps.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions about it. When I test ammonia it comes up with the LO reading. I wasn't aware of the THH issue so I guess I need to buy that instead of what came with the unit?

Their are a couple reasons this could be occurring with your Ammonia Test. Is the water you are testing at room temperature? Will you walk me through the process you are taking to complete this test? Also if you email me your address at [email protected] I will send you the THU strips and reagents.

Arne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mg is calculated though, but it's not accurate. In my case, the iDip reading on the Mg is always too low.

Noah, these are the exp. dates and lot # of the NO3 and PO4 bottles that were in the kit:
NO3: LOT = 122115C, exp. date = 01/18
PO4: LOT = 050516H, exp. date = 10/17

These are the exp. dates and lot # of the NO3 and PO4 bottles that were in the refill box:
NO3: LOT = 081816, exp. date = 10/18
PO4: LOT = 121316H, exp. date = 05/18

Noah, these info was passed to Luke also, about 4 months ago...
All strips produce the same faulty readings.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mg is calculated though, but it's not accurate. In my case, the iDip reading on the Mg is always too low.

Noah, these are the exp. dates and lot # of the NO3 and PO4 bottles that were in the kit:
NO3: LOT = 122115C, exp. date = 01/18
PO4: LOT = 050516H, exp. date = 10/17

These are the exp. dates and lot # of the NO3 and PO4 bottles that were in the refill box:
NO3: LOT = 081816, exp. date = 10/18
PO4: LOT = 121316H, exp. date = 05/18

Noah, these info was passed to Luke also, about 4 months ago...
All strips produce the same faulty readings.

When you are performing the NO3 and PO4 tests is your test water at room temperature? Also I was told that if your phones goes to sleep during the 600 seconds of time during NO3 testing your results could be skewed.

Arne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you serious Noah?
Room temperature?

What does this mean, letting my testing water cool down from 25C Celcius to 20C Celsius?
I did not see this anywhere in the manual.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back