OP
OP
Kswish74

Kswish74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little update, I qt'd both fish and have been dosing copper. The stops on the fins have went away. Since spotted on Saturday. So they are doing good now. I think it was a weak case do to them still keeping the appetite and not spreading to body. So my next question is, I'm going to let this cycle for a couple weeks and keep them in qt, but when is it okay to put carbon and turn back on my uv light for in there? Also been doing 5 Gallon water changes every night.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I wasnt going to use it as a qt tank, it was my bully tank. I had my powder brown tang in there because he was beating up my other fish.
You can always get a big tote from Home Depot or Lowes to use as a QT. It really doesn't have to be expensive.

OP
OP
Kswish74

Kswish74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always get a big tote from Home Depot or Lowes to use as a QT. It really doesn't have to be expensive.

Yeah I didn't think of that, and just use a HOB FILTER? I took all the sand and rock out of my 30gal and made that my qt tank for now. Didn't qt all fish. Guess we will see how it plays out for dt

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I didn't think of that, and just use a HOB FILTER? I took all the sand and rock out of my 30gal and made that my qt tank for now. Didn't qt all fish. Guess we will see how it plays out for dt
Might need to do some rigging to get an HOB to work, but it is an option. If you really want to cure ich out of your tank you will need to get all the fish out and treated. Otherwise you will always be practicing ich management and it can come back as soon as some stress is introduced into your tank.

Just giving you a cheaper option if you want to go the route of taking your tank fallow for 76 days.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but when is it okay to put carbon and turn back on my uv light for in there?

You want to keep the copper levels at therapeutic levels for 30 consecutive days before taking it out with carbon or other means.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 45 57.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back