Fish finder 325 Gallon Peninsula Build

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started building the sump today. I went to get a sheet of acrylic. Me and @litenyaup started cutting it up
IMG_0124.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG
IMG_0128.JPG

Hey I see your in Melbourne, I’m in kissimmee. May I ask where you got the acrylic from? I would like to build a separate refugium for my tank but don’t know any local spots

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my combo light fixture started. This is a huge savings over a premade combination fixture and custom fit! I went on the R2R for sale forum and found a member selling (2) 4 bulb 48' fixtures. Picked both fixtures up for $90.
fixture.JPG

Got the fixtures home and started disassembling. First I tossed the bulbs and the hanging kits. then took the ballasts and wiring out and set them to the side. Then I removed the reflectors from the housings. And saved all the hardware.
ballast.JPG
apart.JPG

Then I took a thin blade cutting wheel and cut the reflectors. I separated them into individuals. So now I can rearrange them as I want
cut.JPG

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2 I stopped by the metal shop and picked up $60 in aluminum. Square tube and flat bar.
alum.JPG

Cut the aluminum frame to the dimensions in my sketch 93x23. secured with stainless hardware. Added cross braces for support and to hang my reef breeders on.
rack.JPG

Then I took the hardware from the dismantled T5 fixtures and attached the reflectors to my fixture.
assemble.JPG

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an awesome project...I just love the imagination and inginuity in this hobby.

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably a long drive for you.

Austin JW industries.
7713 Ellis Rd
Melbourne, FL 32904
United States

They do acrylic work. They'll sell sheets, pieces, and custom cut stuff. They have a ton of stuff.

Thanks man, yeah Melbourne is an hour or two but If I can get some stuff at a decent price it’s worth it, keep me busy. And when I do make the drive I’ll pm you to find out what LFS’s I should check out while I’m out there lol!

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light rack looks awesome. I have a photon v2 over my 40 Breeders and I have been thinking of adding two t5’s to it to try and reduce some of the disco balling

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mad Reefer is close to the acrylic place. You can check them out. He always has some nice coral tucked in the back

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 56 40.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 70 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back