Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a long slow process!!
But yesterday I ran an Ethernet cable to the tank for something?!?! Can anyone guess why? Also mounted the exhaust fan above the tank.

My router is a LONG way from the tank. And the wall has a plant shelf at the top to make things even more difficult. Here's some pics. Router is in the circled shelf
IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

1WildBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. Just a small 75. Been working on it since Christmas. Ready for rock and sand this weekend, as long as the boss doesn’t have any honeydew projects.

1WildBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Located in Utah. No thread here. Kinda wished I did though. My wife calls it the money pit. LOL

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update, I had some time over the weekend to finish up all the prearrival projects. All the wiring is hooked into the electrical panel and run to above the tank. I installed the vent for the exhaust. The exhaust will hopefully pull the humidity out enough that it's not noticeable in the house. I'm not sure if this will work but it's installed anyway. The vent got ran through the attic and comes out of my soffit. Also wired a regular outlet plug on it so the apex can control it. That is all finished up. Not much left to do.... just waiting at this point.
IMG_0456.JPG
IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure will. The pictures that he has sent me look fantastic. My tank should be ready in the next 2-3weeks. I'm stoked to get it in.

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a little update! This tank is going to have 4 reef breeders, so to hang them level I've decided to build a hanging bracket. And since I've been reading so much lately about the benefits of adding a little T5 to LED I decided to add some. itll be a total of 4 reef breeders and (8) 4' T5. This is the lighting layout I chose with some recommendation from @DSC reef
IMG_0487.JPG

This layout will be duplicated on the other half of the tank. This is the diagram I drew up today and will be building it this week. Should be a fun little build. I'll update with lots of pics. Sorry that it is hard to read
IMG_0492.JPG

Last edited:

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 68 48.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back