Found some sweet zoas lobstering today!! cant wait to bring these babys home :)

OP
OP
Mr. E Wrasse

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dive alot locally and found some sweet zoas I got some now that look like bloodshots :) if u go to fwc website they have all rules an regulations to what corals u could harvest and how many
Thats awesome! I love scuba diving and do it a lot as well but never found ones that were cool like these. Last ones I found were like all light pink and bland and that was australia!
Wow. Where is this? I'd love to see them under LEDs
In the floria keys. All the info I will give haha ;) and yeah I cant wait to see what they look like under my LEDs!!

IGROZOAS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a awesome find. They look really nice just with natural sunlight. Can't wait to see what the LEDs will show when u bring them home.

OP
OP
Mr. E Wrasse

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you grabbed some of those Blue/Yellow ones? They Look Pretty Sweet!!
Yeah they are even better in person! They will really pop in the leds. I haven't taken any yet since im still in the keys but im going to right before I leave

OP
OP
Mr. E Wrasse

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you don't need a permit to take any? make sure you leave some for population!
Nope. All depends on the coral and area. And trust me, I have a 30 gallon tank packed already. Im going to take 2x2 inch colonies of each at most and there were rocks COVERED in them everywhere

OP
OP
Mr. E Wrasse

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about rock anemones.! i would buy them all from you. my girl has a collection of them.
Id have to do some research but I wouldnt see why not! They are small enough too where I wouldnt care bringing them back

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love local corals. :)

FYI it is illegal to remove any amount of rock that they are attached to - you are only allowed to take the coral, unless it is encrusted on a shell, in which case it's ok to take the shell.

OP
OP
Mr. E Wrasse

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love local corals. :)

FYI it is illegal to remove any amount of rock that they are attached to - you are only allowed to take the coral, unless it is encrusted on a shell, in which case it's ok to take the shell.
Good to know! I planned on taking one that was on a shell and some others were actually balled up growing on top of each other and also some were just growing on grass haha

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a great find. Just remember look where those rocks are! I mean how close to the surface and how much flow. You need a very strong light and lots of flow. All those can get zoapox and it can go from those to your other healthy zoos. So be very careful.

OP
OP
Mr. E Wrasse

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a great find. Just remember look where those rocks are! I mean how close to the surface and how much flow. You need a very strong light and lots of flow. All those can get zoapox and it can go from those to your other healthy zoos. So be very careful.
Thats the first thing I thought of! Flow and lighting, I spent over an hour just lookibg at them seeing which ones were the most colorful and where they were and how much flow they were getting. And do they all carry zoapox and it breaks out if they are stressed or does it just all depend?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back