FRAGHOUSE CORALS OFFICIAL ANNIVERSARY LIVESALE MARCH 10TH 1600+ SPS FRAGS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Peter Steinberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, single, wife had a boyfriend when I returned from 1st Iraq deployment! Now my youngest daughter and 3 grandchildren moved in my basement and grandkids love my tanks! I have plenty of help, lol! Thank god next Friday starts spring break after a 16 hour day Thursday with parent teacher conferences

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you not realize you bought 119 frags? lol. I've never done anything like that. Maybe one a day a Ferrari will appear in my driveway and I'll have no idea how it got there. lol. :)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna know the secret to getting a tank acro ready in 3 months!!! :)

Peter Steinberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No secret, I don’t think, but I use the water from my other systems, water change water, use some of the media from sump in old system as well as some of the gravel with living bacteria and spaghetti worms from old system in new system. I have my systems set up from GARF Bullet Proof Reef, with plenum, sand bed and based on natural system. My tanks cycle in less than 2 weeks usually spiking with Nitrites and Nitrates not going over 10 or 20 and dropping back down, I also use an algae scrubber now to keep Phosphates down in the long run. My 18o is less than 7 weeks old and has 4 fish, janitors, acans, chalices and acros already thriving in it.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna know the secret to getting a tank acro ready in 3 months!!! :)

This is what I am doing. Bought me a frag tank and plan to take water from the display and take down my 55 gallon tank I am not using anymore and put everything into it. Here is the frag tank I just picked up yesterday so I can be ready for the June sale.

It's a beast at 60x24x10.

fragtank.jpg

Peter Steinberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew I had a lot and was tracking to not duplicate even though I did a few but didn’t know it was that many, I was tracking what I had and what I wanted not thinking I was over 100! It wasn’t what I was tracking numbers wise.

Peter Steinberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I build my own sumps, on the large systems I bought a 75 Gallon for the sump, plexiglass I get from a local shop, buy scraps for really cheap. My media has been the ceramic balls in the past and layered materials with top layer being the changeable media, white and blue combined (if you want specifics I can look it up just PM me. I have been trying the new sport with the ceramic as it claims it has more capacity. My 80 Gallon frag is Deep Blue predrilled 80. When I break it down next I am going to lower the rack, by 3-4 in, too high for the lights. This sump is a Murdoch but I picked it up used and not completely happy with it. I use filter socks and get a 4” to 3” PVC adaptor for about $4 to set the sock in.

image.jpg

Peter Steinberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights are hybrid but light bracket is too close and have way turned down, aquatic life T5 hybrid and Hydra 26’s running only 20% at peak. I use the same T5 bulbs I believe as the big guys Actinic and Blue + ATI

image.jpg

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I build my own sumps, on the large systems I bought a 75 Gallon for the sump, plexiglass I get from a local shop, buy scraps for really cheap. My media has been the ceramic balls in the past and layered materials with top layer being the changeable media, white and blue combined (if you want specifics I can look it up just PM me. I have been trying the new sport with the ceramic as it claims it has more capacity. My 80 Gallon frag is Deep Blue predrilled 80. When I break it down next I am going to lower the rack, by 3-4 in, too high for the lights. This sump is a Murdoch but I picked it up used and not completely happy with it. I use filter socks and get a 4” to 3” PVC adaptor for about $4 to set the sock in.

image.jpg

I need to drill mine since it doesn’t have holes for a sump/return. It is the advanced acrylics all-in-one setup but I want to increase the water volume by at least another 40 gallons. Any ideas on drilling?

Peter Steinberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 240 is not drilled and I am going to use overflows that I still have from the past and a 75 Gallon sump I am building and installing this weekend. I cut at the top but don’t feel comfortable with drilling unless you have acrylic end pieces with acrylic glue to glue them in for an overflow to drill.

Peter Steinberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eshopps with the aqualifter pump to prevent air stopping it, one on each end, I have 1 used and 1 nib. Not comfortable with 240 gallons ending up on the carpet!

image.jpg

Peter Steinberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow I use gyres, the 180 I have the XF 250 in same controller to counter each other, 120 and 80 each have 1 icecap 3k gyre.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
Back