Getting back into it

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started in 2011 with an 'inherited' 55g softie tank that was a phosphate and silca-sand nightmare, redid it a bit, then upgraded to a 90g DT and used the 55 as the sump. this was dressed up with T5s, a 4ft internal overflow and bean animal drain and a rinky-dink shoplight to light the sump's fuge, but it never grew much macro...I didn't have a ton of bioload. Gave it away (literally...the guy never paid me) when I moved from Oregon to the Seattle area in 2012 and fell out of the hobby. I tried getting a 29g setup (made it into a peninsula-style AIO with some black acrylic), but couldn't stick with it during another move and remodelling. Now, I want this to work.
I got it running again (it had just evap'd down to 1.075 salinity!) and did a couple big water changes. I stuck in a damsel with a new rock and it was doing great until it started floating...I was very confused until I found 0.120 Amps of current...eek! so I replaced the little hydor pico return pump and am looking for other current leaks before I get another damsel.

Also, I'm planning a 180g for when the basement remodel happens next year. If money is no object, I might make it a 30" high for a 240 'tall'. probably a 150g stock tank as the sump and another 150g stock tank as a raised fuge, both in the laundry room behind the tank. I've never owned a reef controller, but the future tank will definitely have one.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2rpsy.gif
#WelcometoR2R

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back, no matter what we do, quitting just isnt an option for us. It is addiction that we can’t quit! Glad to see you back! In my opinion for coming back reward your self and do everything right. Start strong and get everything you know you would want in a dream build because when you start building you will always think man I wish I did this, just do it right and enjoy it for what it is, life is short!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back