((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disagree - many reefers are on some form of social media
I agree there.

I'm a small business owner myself. Like 2 employees small business. I actually prefer to know I'm up against the big boys in my industry. They are very easy to beat out on a job.
As a guy who works for the big boys the dealer ship the small mom and pa shops sure can beat us out on price but let me tell you they fail on fixing it right and the quality

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The person responsible for the website error probably just corrected it on the sly and then took Randy and Ryan out to get drunk. That way the shippers will just ship this stuff out. Randy and Ryan will be too hungover to care by the time they hear about this.

Ryan and Randy are probably out of internet reach on a yacht in the Carribean, sipping champagne from Bertram branded flutes and surrounded by mermaids.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a guy who works for the big boys the dealer ship the small mom and pa shops sure can beat us out on price but let me tell you they fail on fixing it right and the quality

I rarely win on price. I stay competitive price wise but my selling point is it's done right and on time. That has value to most people. I don't chase the price driven people. There's always someone willing to do it cheaper.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rarely win on price. I stay competitive price wise but my selling point is it's done right and on time. That has value to most people. I don't chase the price driven people. There's always someone willing to do it cheaper.
ALWAYS. Race to the bottom SUCKS

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are wrong.
that's fine... we can agree to disagree... although, pretty sure mywifeisgunnakillme and broccoli already covered this before I came back from giving my daughter a bath, in which broccoli admitted the case law was on my side of that particular argument.

Last edited:

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope all you guys on here that bought extra to resell don't try and sell them for hundreds of dollars more than you bought them for. Taking advantage of a glitch/flash sale on a big corporation's website isn't immoral. Taking advantage of the glitch to the extent you buy multiple units, depriving your peers of getting in on the deal, and then reselling it to them for a huge profit..

That's pretty much the definition of immoral.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a good example of why courts do not review the adequacy of consideration (price):

1641169226177.png

Is the first coral mistakenly priced or the second?

Point being, if vendors could get out of sales based on an "error" in pricing, the point of a contract--enforceability of agreements--would be avoided.

Could LiveAquaria claim unconscionability to get out of the contract?

Courts avoid such issues and trials with simple rules... You advertise a price, someone buys, then the seller must perform.

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a good example of why courts do not review the adequacy of consideration (price):

1641169226177.png

Point being, if vendors could get out of sales based on an "error" in pricing, the point of a contract--enforceability of agreements--would be avoided.
So if a business mistakenly posts the wrong price, they should have to honor orders even if it means it forces them out of business. I’m sorry but that’s stupid.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One thing i've taken from this whole 34 page thread, I bet you are an absolute blast to be around at parties.

Lol. Interesting comment seeing as you know nothing about me, but if it makes you feel better then believe whatever you want to believe.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's fine... we can agree to disagree... although, pretty sure mywifeisgunnakillme and broccoli already covered this before I came back from giving my daughter a bath, in which broccoli admitted the case law was on my side of that particular argument.
Its on your side for ONE ASPECT...the terms and condition argument. I still think unintentional mistake falls on the side of the seller in this one.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope all you guys on here that bought extra to resell don't try and sell them for hundreds of dollars more than you bought them for. Taking advantage of a glitch/flash sale on a big corporation's website isn't immoral. Taking advantage of the glitch to the extent you buy multiple units, depriving your peers of getting in on the deal, and then reselling it to them for a huge profit..

That's pretty much the definition of immoral.
rofl, what? No, that's the definition of capitalism.

Johnny buys 100 apples at $0.30 apiece and sells them for $0.50 to make a profit of $20.00

Suzie finds the same apples for sale for $0.01 each, and buys 50 of them, sells them for the same price as Johnny and makes more money in the same amount of time.

You think Suzie is being immoral in that situation? gtfoh

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1641169226177.png

Could LiveAquaria claim unconscionability to get out of the contract?

Courts avoid such issues and trials with simple rules... You advertise a price, someone buys, then the seller must perform.
If it is a mistake they certainly do not need to honor the incorrect price..... They can decide to do so, but are under no obligation to sell at a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 124 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 34.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back