GHL ProfiLux 4 Official Announcement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ultimate kit semi unboxed.
20170213_154850.jpg
Wow, no gigantic gaudy EB8. :) I love the sleek look. I sure hope their Alk tester follows these design cues.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI.... My P4 is 95% setup and has been running the Elos for the past 36 hours... smooth as butter! :)
Just a few minor things to finish up like setting up my redox probe, cleaning up wiring, and setting up notifications. But the main functions are all good to go.
Connection to wifi takes just a few minutes with no need to go into my router settings.
All other basic functions were easy peasy, as usual.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI.... My P4 is 95% setup and has been running the Elos for the past 36 hours... smooth as butter! :)
Just a few minor things to finish up like setting up my redox probe, cleaning up wiring, and setting up notifications. But the main functions are all good to go.
Connection to wifi takes just a few minutes with no need to go into my router settings.
All other basic functions were easy peasy, as usual.

Excellent! Gives the rest of us hope it will go as smoothly. Unfortunately, mine will be sitting idle for a bit yet as it's going on a new tank build. So many new toys sitting around waiting to be played with! But first, finish painting the walls the tank will sit near and install some laminate flooring. Hopefully this weekend!

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got mine out of the box yesterday, I'd say it took me roughly 2 hours to set everything up from organizing the wires, programming a few timers for the powerbar and the heater and calibrating all the probes and setting it up on myghl. I was confident enough after those 2 hours to go to bed with what I had done and not worry about waking up to a crashed tank.

One question about the temp probe is the calibration on mine seems to be off out of the box by about .6-ish degrees, and I don't see exactly a spot to remedy that from the controller as when I go to calibrate the temp probe it gives the ADC values from when they calibrated the probe at 20 and 30 degrees. You might ask if I'm 100% sure the probe is slightly off, but I used 5 NIST Traceable Thermometers all accurate to +- 0.2 degrees. While the controller read 24.0 they read 24.6, 24.6, 24.7, 24.7, 24.8. I also looked under the myGHL tabs to see if I could find anything there but same basic thing with my the ADC data.

HqAWA7rl.jpg

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got mine out of the box yesterday, I'd say it took me roughly 2 hours to set everything up from organizing the wires, programming a few timers for the powerbar and the heater and calibrating all the probes and setting it up on myghl. I was confident enough after those 2 hours to go to bed with what I had done and not worry about waking up to a crashed tank.

One question about the temp probe is the calibration on mine seems to be off out of the box by about .6-ish degrees, and I don't see exactly a spot to remedy that from the controller as when I go to calibrate the temp probe it gives the ADC values from when they calibrated the probe at 20 and 30 degrees. You might ask if I'm 100% sure the probe is slightly off, but I used 5 NIST Traceable Thermometers all accurate to +- 0.2 degrees. While the controller read 24.0 they read 24.6, 24.6, 24.7, 24.7, 24.8. I also looked under the myGHL tabs to see if I could find anything there but same basic thing with my the ADC data.

HqAWA7rl.jpg

Isn't it under the temperature 1 tab, where all the temp settings are adjusted, at the bottom of the left column, that has the current temp displayed, the buttons that says "Adjust Temperature?"

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ah, thanks. Once I got the wifi setup, which I did first, I stopped using GCC all together and just calibrated and programmed from the box and myGHL. That option isn't on the myGHL sheet which is almost identical from what I see except that one button.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now, I would stick to GCC for most of your programming needs, especially anything other than the most basic settings, like in this case setting the required Temp and Hysterisis.
Use myGHL for making little changes later.

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MyGHL has been a little flakey for me lately. I've done everything through GCC myself.

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now, I would stick to GCC for most of your programming needs, especially anything other than the most basic settings, like in this case setting the required Temp and Hysterisis.
Use myGHL for making little changes later.

I wouldn't even say that's the case tbh, I did everything I wanted to do from there except this one tiny thing.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't even say that's the case tbh, I did everything I wanted to do from there except this one tiny thing.
I'm only saying so because not everything has been included yet from my experience. Figured it's just safer to use GCC for the initial programming. :)

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone here is familiar with the Programmable Logic, I'd love to get a separate thread started that is dedicated to that.
I myself have not played with this much. Would be nice to see some actual examples of tasks you set up with PL.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back