OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is. I also realized my desktop has bluetooth and tried installing the software on it but when I launch it I get a java runtime error. :-(

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got it working on my desktop but still no % showing up.

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got it working on my desktop but still no % showing up.

I don't know man, must be a Windows thing... I'm running on a Mac. I have Windows 10 on my Mac though, so I'll download the Giesemann software on Windows and see if I get the same results as you!

Badfish83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pictures of the fixtures up? I've seen pictures of it in a white finish, but all I'm seeing at brs is a black finish.

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pictures of the fixtures up? I've seen pictures of it in a white finish, but all I'm seeing at brs is a black finish.

It's only available in black(it's actually a dark charcoal) in the USA. You could however paint it if you want a different color. Here's mine in the "black":

IMG_4278 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_4434 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of quick phone pics.
IMG_20161026_103425499.jpg

IMG_20161026_103410003.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's only available in black(it's actually a dark charcoal) in the USA. You could however paint it if you want a different color. Here's mine in the "black":

IMG_4278 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

I've seen this many time but every time I see it I get excited!

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also want to note that there are a couple of different "black" finishes that get shipped out. I haven't confirmed why yet, but there clearly is. @Jimbo662 has a textured, matte charcoal finish on his, while mine has a glossy charcoal finish. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but he purchased his from BRS, while mine came from Premium Aquatics... which both of them get them from Coral Vue. His is a smaller unit also. So I don't know if it's a change they made along the line or what. So if you want the finish one way or the other, you better ask the place you get it from which finish it will have.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also want to note that there are a couple of different "black" finishes that get shipped out. I haven't confirmed why yet, but there clearly is. @Jimbo662 has a textured, mat charcoal finish on his, while mine has a glossy charcoal finish. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but he purchased his from BRS, while mine came from Premium Aquatics... which both of them get them from Coral Vue. His is a smaller unit also. So I don't know if it's a change they made along the line or what. So if you want the finish one way or the other, you better ask the place you get it from which finish it will have.

You are correct sir!

boxofrocks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've got the 60" in white over a 300g 84"x27"x30"tall. The overflow on the right side of the tank allows for me to use a slightly shorter fixture and keep my depth front to back across the length of the tank. I'm digging it so far. I'll post about our light schedule later this evening.

IMG_3690.JPG

RONBATTLE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now it's 7" AWL...will probably play around with this to find a good spot.

I may have some LPS about 1/3 of the way up but mostly on the sand. Right now planning to do zoas and some encrusting montis and maybe few SPS at the top but none of that is set in stone yet.
ok y'all, I AM THE DUMBEST DUDE IN THE ROOM AT THE MOMENT, SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL MY WHAT AWL MEANS, AND YOU CAN LAUGH IF YOU LIKE OR FEEL THE NEED...

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok y'all, I AM THE DUMBEST DUDE IN THE ROOM AT THE MOMENT, SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL MY WHAT AWL MEANS, AND YOU CAN LAUGH IF YOU LIKE OR FEEL THE NEED...

Above Water Line

boxofrocks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the schedule I'm running. Running white LED a couple hours during the day simply because I like how the fish look in the whiter light. Won't likely run them at all after swapping the t5s bulbs
Current bulbs are 3x ATI True Actinic and 1 ATI Blue+. I'll likely swap the Actinic for more blue+ soon to see if I can lose a bit of the purple hue.
Past experience includes mostly halides since 06ish till a few years back we started trying different LED fixtures and none made me happy. This fixture is the best of all worlds in terms of color, controllability, power consumption, and aesthetics. Doesn't hurt that the corals seem to really dig it as well.

IMG_3762.JPG

lestat45559

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the 60 over my Redsea 525XL, night light, just wish they had more preset. I contacted the company and they did not even understand I wanted some help in getting it to produce something close to 20k temp. I use windows and have no issue with the software.

Has anyone gotten close to 20k and what bulbs did you use? I am running 2 aqua blue plus, one purple and one true ant.

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok where did you get the light stands? I love them a lot more than their brackets I bought.

Got them from www.8020.net They're not exactly cheap. You buy the main brackets by the inch then add additional pieces like the 45 degree bracket. This set up ran me right at $200.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back