Giesemann Aurora User Thread

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed my 48" Aurora yesterday to replace two Radion Gen3. In the color mixer tab the percentages do not show for each channel. Does anyone know how to fix this. I've tried rebooting my laptop, but that did not help.

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed my 48" Aurora yesterday to replace two Radion Gen3. In the color mixer tab the percentages do not show for each channel. Does anyone know how to fix this. I've tried rebooting my laptop, but that did not help.

I'm assuming your running it on android or windows. I have the same issue and have never figured it out.

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I am running it on Windows. I am very disappointed that Giesemann has not developed an Aurora specific software or an app for iPhone users. I have been holding off for months to purchase the Aurora for that reason but decided to bite the bullet. Personally I don't think there is any excuse for them not to have an Aurora specific software!

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I am running it on Windows. I am very disappointed that Giesemann has not developed an Aurora specific software or an app for iPhone users. I have been holding off for months to purchase the Aurora for that reason but decided to bite the bullet. Personally I don't think there is any excuse for them not to have an Aurora specific software!

To me it almost seems the software was more of an after thought to them.

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed Giesemann yesterday afternoon about this issue and to inquire about Aurora specific software. I'll post their response here if I get one.

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed Giesemann yesterday afternoon about this issue and to inquire about Aurora specific software. I'll post their response here if I get one.

Hello Jeff,

thank you for your contact. Please look at our website we offer already the
app called AURORA BT. You can find it here: http://giesemann.de/641,2,,.html

Best Regards,

Patrick

Giesemann Team

Unfortunately this does not help me because I have an iPhone. It would appear if you are using an iPhone or Windows you won't be able to see the percentages for the color mixer. Unless I'm not doing something right (very possible!!!!!). Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just very disappointed they would put out this product without specific software for it unless you have an Android.

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they need more time fine tuning it! It was a little glitchy at first. Each time I tried to select the language it would immediately jump back to the main screen and disconnect the light.

Once I got it running Channel 1 and 2 have some issues. There are additional sets of lines on the graph. And still no %'s to the right of the page on the mixer.
IMG_20161117_123627361.jpg

IMG_20161117_123638732.jpg

Harris3005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has been thinking about buying one now's the time to do it. BRS has them 25% off!!!

jon99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has been thinking about buying one now's the time to do it. BRS has them 25% off!!!

I just grabbed a 60" for my 220g to replace my ancient MH's! This will be my first LED lighting, I'm stoked!

Black Friday 25% off, another 5% ($101) in "reward points" you can use toward future purchase at BRS (T5 bulbs!), AND I put it on my 1.5% cash back c card... the way I see it I'm making money on this deal!! lol

I got a Seneye (also on sale) for the PAR measuring capability to help with set up. I'll post back once I get it and start playing around with it.

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just grabbed a 60" for my 220g to replace my ancient MH's! This will be my first LED lighting, I'm stoked!

Black Friday 25% off, another 5% ($101) in "reward points" you can use toward future purchase at BRS (T5 bulbs!), AND I put it on my 1.5% cash back c card... the way I see it I'm making money on this deal!! lol

I got a Seneye (also on sale) for the PAR measuring capability to help with set up. I'll post back once I get it and start playing around with it.

WOW...I'd say that's a win win win!

Im shallow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did u ever get any numbers

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What to do if there is no Bluetooth connection to the fixture under Windows?
Quick installation info
1. First, remove any existing Bluetooth devices via Start -> Devices and Printers (or -> Control Panel -> Devices and Printers) or directly via the Bluetooth icon
in the toolbar next to the clock from the Bluetooth environment
2. If necessary, remove existing BT devices (TEszla BT interface or FUTURA)
3. close all running programs
4. disconnect the fixture from the mains
5. Then necessarily restart the computer again
6. Now turn on the fixture again, by connecting the power supply to the mains
7. start the Giesemann software (FuturaBT, MATRIXX BT, etc….)
8. click on CONNECT
9. then select the search dialog the desired light, then "connect"
10. Shortly thereafter a Windows message appears at the bottom of the screen "Connecting via a Bluetooth device is made": Click on this message!
11. The following Windows messages confirm the successful connection: "…with this unit is complete," "Device added successfully"
12. Finally, the Giesemann software prompts: "Connected to TESZLA BT Interface/FUTURA……."
13. Please do not forget to disconnect after having finished your settings, before closing the program:

jon99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It finally came! It's pretty heavy, maybe 60lbs, but also very solid.

I went with the 4 aquablue coral t5 bulbs. Before I fire it up I have a question...

The side of the box the unit came is says "US version" "110-120v", but it came with a 110-220 step up/down transformer. Is the transformer necessary? Any help getting this thing running would be appreciated.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back