OP
OP
Valkyrie

Valkyrie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The good news is that the 3 amigos are in their 20g. The bad news is that I can't catch the hawkfish. In the 55 I had no coral or anemones. Just inverts, so I was able to tear it apart to get everyone. The 29 though, is established. I will have some really angry anemones and corals if I start dismantling the rock to catch Tony. I have a few tricks up my sleeve, but it's going to take some time. The 29 just might have to be a 1-7 days behind on the fallow. My husband wanted me to just leave Tony in there since we couldn't get him. Nope, the 29 is where the trouble started, I'm either doing this right or not at all. Besides, what if Tony finally breaks with 1 or both diseases that took everyone else? Nope, can't chance it. He has to come out, but I have to do it without upsetting everything else.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bottle trap him (just use a bigger bottle or cut a bigger hole)

plasticbottleinstructions.jpg

OP
OP
Valkyrie

Valkyrie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bottle trap him (just use a bigger bottle or cut a bigger hole)

He's just a little fella so one of those 20 oz bottles will probably work just fine. I have no bottles like that here, but I can get one tomorrow. Thanks Humble. I'm imagining it would need to be baited with some food?

OP
OP
Valkyrie

Valkyrie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, I was thinking it might be fun to document this process. I started a blog, but I don't like it. Would it be inappropriate to start posting about this adventure in this forum area? Kinda like my own build thread but scarier. o_O

OP
OP
Valkyrie

Valkyrie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last question tonight. I know that the little bag of carbon needs to come out of the aquaclear before I start the copper, but what about the Biomax Filter Insert? Does it need to come out or can it stay with the foam filter?

Everyone has eaten tonight but they still seem pretty darn stressed about the change, especially Tecumseh the lawnmower blenny. He makes me want to cry, he's so miserable without his rocks to hide in, but he won't hide in the pvc for some reason.

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be inappropriate to start posting about this adventure in this forum area?
Not at all - documenting the process can help others learn; which is the point of these forums, after all.

I know that the little bag of carbon needs to come out of the aquaclear before I start the copper, but what about the Biomax Filter Insert?
I'd remove them. They will absorb the copper and make it more difficult to control. You can use extra foam filters, however.

... he's so miserable without his rocks to hide in, but he won't hide in the pvc for some reason.
Give them a bit of time to adjust. If your fish are anything like the ones I've had, they'll figure out that the PVC is the new "rocks". Not sure what size you have in there, but you might want to put some smaller (1" diameter) pipes in there for the blenny - they seem to like tighter places to snug into.
Also make sure you have enough pieces so that they aren't fighting for space; you don't want to create aggression in the QT.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be inappropriate to start posting about this adventure in this forum area? Kinda like my own build thread but scarier. o_O

Absolutely document here! Great plan :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back