Got LifeReef ??? Show us your LifeReef Sumps, Skimmers, and Anything else you may have by LifeReef.

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I upgraded the venturi yesterday.... and ... o boy ... what an difference... is one of those things that should be included with this skimmer ... what an difference... Jebao DCP is now running at 90% and not an 100%... no need to split ait intake to keep venturi clean bc inlet is much larger and foam..... well foam is so thick I thought it was a sponge....I also removed the gate valve all together bc at this point I control it with the speed of the pump ... gate valve .. even tho fully open was still presenting an restriction to where I could only run the pump at 70% bc anything higher than that skimmer was overflowing with valve fully open..upgrade your venturi ... you get completely different results ... for better I belive... below is pic of what I got of Amazon ... just have to remove the smal spring and ball and game on after that
would like to see picture of your skimmer with it on.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I upgraded the venturi yesterday.... and ... o boy ... what an difference... is one of those things that should be included with this skimmer ... what an difference... Jebao DCP is now running at 90% and not an 100%... no need to split ait intake to keep venturi clean bc inlet is much larger and foam..... well foam is so thick I thought it was a sponge....I also removed the gate valve all together bc at this point I control it with the speed of the pump ... gate valve .. even tho fully open was still presenting an restriction to where I could only run the pump at 70% bc anything higher than that skimmer was overflowing with valve fully open..upgrade your venturi ... you get completely different results ... for better I belive... below is pic of what I got of Amazon ... just have to remove the smal spring and ball and game on after that

Which JEbao model do you run on your skimmer? I am going to use 8000. Big enough?

lagatbezan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which skimmer are you using? I’m considering having the same thing done with my Lifereef.
Also do you know the difference between the Mazzei 978 and the one you got? I think Jeff recommends the 978 but it’s more expensive.
would like to see a pic as well :)

Last edited:

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a larger injector (1078) than the one normally supplied by Jeff (978). Also note that he normally supplies the PVDF unit instead of PP which is suitable for ozone and more expensive. That is the reason for the difference in cost

Shelbytwp123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which skimmer are you using? I’m considering having the same thing done with my Lifereef.
Also do you know the difference between the Mazzei 978 and the one you got? I think Jeff recommends the 978 but it’s more expensive.
would like to see a pic as well :)
Svs3 24"

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone show life reef skimmer plumbing? The output dumps right on top of the pump input no? How to fix this? I don’t want skimmer pulling in water it just did.

Also, mine has a noticivke sucking noise at Venturi, Jeff said it’s normal, I thought these were supposed to be silent? Any fix?

Shelbytwp123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried rerouting it but it was creating back pressure on my 24" to where I couldn't run my pump as high as I wanted which is 2600 gph so I fill it all off including the gate valve and now I just control everything with the pump controller... it works out better in my situation...I am sure on the taller models that isn't an issue

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to give the life reef a go. Had to change plumbing a bit to get skimmer to output on other side of baffle, so far so good.

Attachments

• 34D72DC1-D9DC-46E6-855F-1D157E4484DE.jpeg
    34D72DC1-D9DC-46E6-855F-1D157E4484DE.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 74
  • A35CDE1A-8177-4C49-B7DC-51F4CEB310EF.jpeg
    A35CDE1A-8177-4C49-B7DC-51F4CEB310EF.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 72

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back