Grouper and trigger seem to have ich

Guynamedfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My triggerfish looks to have ich on him and my grouper Keeps rubbing himself on the sand do they have ich

Attachments

• IMG_0355.MOV
    39.9 MB

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal

See if you can get some still pictures taken in white light. Need water parameters, age of tank.

If it is ich, you will need a hospital tank, copper and need to take your tank fallow.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Guynamedfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a hospital tank do I need an extra tank it’s a Fowler with fish only I’m not home right now so I can’t get picture or parameters I can when I get home the tank is brand new and was established around july 23 and was stocked around aug 6

Upvote 0

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you never plan to have coral and have no invertebrates than you are ok. I use a ten gallon for 4 smaller fish. When the grouper rubs himself on the sand, what part of his body is he rubbing? Are they breathing fast?

Welcome by the way! Just an fyi, there is a forum just for fish diseases which has stickie threads too on different subjects. I have pinged Jay Hemdal who is the staff marine biologist so he is alerted to your posting. If you can get some better pictures, you will get an expert opinion.

I would encourage you to purchase a small tank to use for quarantine/hospital and stock a medicine cabinet.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Guynamedfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’ll look into those medications and will also I’ll do that forum for just diseases so the grouper rubs his body on the left side and he breaths slow but concistent I probably won’t be able to post a thread on the medical forum till tomorrow

Upvote 0

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I have one invertebre but during the treatments I’ll probably put it in my 20 gallon it’s not a reef but a community tank
What kind of invert? Transferring it to the other tank is a vector for introducing ich to the other tank.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Guynamedfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the grouper and the trigger the grouper I took of Borge sides to show where you can see he has kind of a different mark
Ya

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0