Has anyone used this overflow box with success

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks similar to the CPR overflow boxes which quite a few users on here utilize successfully

OP
OP
M

mark freshwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok sounds good , also would it be worth getting a smaller version and setting it higher up the tank as and emergency overflow ? ( or similar)
Just worried as it only has one outlet pipe and if it gets clogged.
They make a bigger 5000lh version with 2 outletsbut i think it would be to big for my tank as i've read if you go to big it wont operate properly.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok sounds good , also would it be worth getting a smaller version and setting it higher up the tank as and emergency overflow ? ( or similar)
Just worried as it only has one outlet pipe and if it gets clogged.
They make a bigger 5000lh version with 2 outletsbut i think it would be to big for my tank as i've read if you go to big it wont operate properly.
In all honesty I'd get the bigger one with two outlets and run it Herbie style :)

OP
OP
M

mark freshwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if i went with the smaller one , if i got a sump return pump with a float cut off switch , that could solve any issue if the drain pipe got clogged for some reason ?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 22 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 91 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%

Back