Hello everyone!

Vailj123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just here to introduce myself! I’m obviously new here, my name is Jesse. I’m from Upstate NY and just recently began my venture into the saltwater world. I had large freshwater tanks before and was always intimidated to take the leap into the saltwater/marine world but years later here I am. I got a good deal at a local store for a starter tank and kit. Currently I have everything set up and cycling using Dr Tim’s method with success so far up to this point. I’ve watched every video BRS has on YouTube and I’ve found myself here so it’s obvious I’ve done my research. Excited to get started with a pair of Clownfish soon and hoping to work my way into reefing. It can definitely be a test of patience but I’m very good at waiting if it means a better result in the long run. Excited to meet you all and I’m sure I will have plenty of questions as I venture forward. Any beginner tips you guys want to share would be greatly appreciated! See you all around!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
Vailj123

Vailj123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I do have my first question. I turned off my skimmer per Dr Tim’s instructions. When can I turn that back on and with the gas exchange the skimmer offers will that have any effect on the nitrifying process? I’m assuming it will because it’ll introduce more air into the equation

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I do have my first question. I turned off my skimmer per Dr Tim’s instructions. When can I turn that back on and with the gas exchange the skimmer offers will that have any effect on the nitrifying process? I’m assuming it will because it’ll introduce more air into the equation
I looked it up. No set time beyond saying “at least 48 hrs” after that you should be good to go.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the start of your living reef.
I totally respect your go slow thinking, in the end, time and chemistry is everything.
It those things which are developing, but we mostly cannot see, which feed our system and process the wastes creating balance and stability.

Enjoy the ride and again, welcome.

Reach out to members at anytime along the road.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back