OP
Vailj123

Vailj123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, been a few days. So far so good I think. The two clowns get along…ok….the bigger one tends to chase the smaller one around a little but I don’t see any signs of extreme beating up of the smaller one. No marks or anything which I’m guessing could happen over time. The smaller one does a good job standing it’s ground when it’s cornered so I’m assuming over time they’ll get better? It’s a bare tank right now so there isn’t much to keep them preoccupied. Also, I see a little algae starting I think under the sand near the front of the tank. For now I have limited sun/UV directly on the tank, lights off. Is this normal? If not what should I consider doing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
Vailj123

Vailj123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! Been a week or so, I’ve since added a small 10 gal cleanup crew I got from saltwater aquarium.com, they got right to work. Only had 1 casualty out of about 20 inverts but that brought me to another question. I asked about corraline algae a while back. The two turbo snails that came with the CUC have corraline algae on their shells. Is that enough to introduce the algae to the tank alone or would it take more than that?

Ghostyboythedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it’s prob a little deeper than 1”
I would say it’s prob a little deeper than 1”
You could add a neon goby or a yellowwatchman goby the watchman digs and clean the sand because it stirs it since theres good bacteria in the sand the neon goby is a cleaner of algea and parasites

OP
OP
Vailj123

Vailj123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could mabey add a goby
I was watching videos of them last night. I think their symbiotic relationship with shrimp is cool too lol I also stumbled across some recommendations for a diamond goby as well as they stay low to the substrate and literally sift it through their gills but also all the videos I watched was more of a crushed coral/pebble substrate. Don’t know how well they do in the sand. Allegedly the yellow watchmans will only sift the sand around where they like to stay but I’m assuming in a small 13.5 gal tank they would do fine as well.

Ghostyboythedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching videos of them last night. I think their symbiotic relationship with shrimp is cool too lol I also stumbled across some recommendations for a diamond goby as well as they stay low to the substrate and literally sift it through their gills but also all the videos I watched was more of a crushed coral/pebble substrate. Don’t know how well they do in the sand. Allegedly the yellow watchmans will only sift the sand around where they like to stay but I’m assuming in a small 13.5 gal tank they would do fine as well.
Yes im sure a watchman would do good in there

Ghostyboythedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats your clean up crew?

OP
OP
Vailj123

Vailj123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s time I start a build thread so that this thread ultimately winds up in the right place. You guys are so great and welcoming. Everything is running great so far! I’m so happy with myself for being patient and playing the long game as each individual part of starting the tank is fun and I love the small wins along the way that will ultimately lead to the tank I want. I’ll start a build thread just to continue posting updates. Nothing wild, pretty straight forward so it’ll probably be boring but I’m looking forward to the opportunity to interact with you guys and more people along the way and learn more as I go. I’ll post a link soon! It’s a pleasure meeting you all!

OP
OP
Vailj123

Vailj123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is everyone! I realize my build is straightforward but as I said it’s nice to chit chat with you guys along the way so stop by and say hello!

Thread 'Hello again! Moving my introduction post here to continue updates.'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/h...uction-post-here-to-continue-updates.1002290/

Thanks for all the help you guys have offered since I’ve started and again, it’s very nice to meet you all!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is everyone! I realize my build is straightforward but as I said it’s nice to chit chat with you guys along the way so stop by and say hello!

Thread 'Hello again! Moving my introduction post here to continue updates.'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/h...uction-post-here-to-continue-updates.1002290/

Thanks for all the help you guys have offered since I’ve started and again, it’s very nice to meet you all!
Jesse,

If you go to 'ACCOUNT', and scroll down the page, near the bottom you will find a text entry box for 'My Tank Thread'. If you past the URL to your build thread in that field you will get a 'My Build Thread' button under your username on threads. Then someone can just click the button to go to your build thread.

OP
OP
Vailj123

Vailj123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jesse,

If you go to 'ACCOUNT', and scroll down the page, near the bottom you will find a text entry box for 'My Tank Thread'. If you past the URL to your build thread in that field you will get a 'My Build Thread' button under your username on threads. Then someone can just click the button to go to your build thread.
Oh wow! That’s convenient! Thank you

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 75 48.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back