Hello from UK

Ruzica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Recently we have rescued a beautiful Yellow Tang that was in tank that unfortunately had Marine Velvet (we are pretty sure). Yellow Tang was one of the 4 (out of many) fishes that survived. We placed it in our quarantine system, and for two weeks it was doing great, seemed as it wasn't affected at all. Only this morning when I came to the office I realised these white spots all over and they look quite aggressive. Yesterday it was all fine. We were treating the tank with Reef Safe Conditioner for a week. I will upload some pictures taken this morning . Does anyone know what this could possibly be ? Velvet ? Ich? It worried me a lot and I'm not quite sure what to do.

Many tanks,

Attachments

• IMG_0376.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0377.pdf
    920.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0379.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 26

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
70EBA13A-A0CF-4DB6-897E-5A23DD405BB7.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi everyone,

Recently we have rescued a beautiful Yellow Tang that was in tank that unfortunately had Marine Velvet (we are pretty sure). Yellow Tang was one of the 4 (out of many) fishes that survived. We placed it in our quarantine system, and for two weeks it was doing great, seemed as it wasn't affected at all. Only this morning when I came to the office I realised these white spots all over and they look quite aggressive. Yesterday it was all fine. We were treating the tank with Reef Safe Conditioner for a week. I will upload some pictures taken this morning . Does anyone know what this could possibly be ? Velvet ? Ich? It worried me a lot and I'm not quite sure what to do.

Many tanks,
can’t open images but with velvet, besides dusty appearance, fish will swim in the path of water flow, gasp at surface, loss of appetite, loss of color and scratch itself

OP
OP
R

Ruzica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can’t open images but with velvet, besides dusty appearance, fish will swim in the path of water flow, gasp at surface, loss of appetite, loss of color and scratch itself
I will try and upload again. Thanks for your reply. This guy was so very happy all this time, just from this morning started being quiet and not as interested. And these spots look malicious to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpeg
    IMG_0379.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0376.jpeg
    IMG_0376.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 32

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m sorry to hear about your fish, but I’m glad that you found your way to R2R.

#fis#fishmedic

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!
To me, that doesn’t look like ich or velvet, but rather a bacterial infection or lymphocytosis.
If lympho, there really isn’t much you can do, but it also is almost never harmful to the fish. Generally it comes from some stressor like water params or diet.
If bacterial, it’s best to treat the fish with a broad spectrum antibiotic like kanaplex or neoplex.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could also be mucus plugs that tangs sometimes develop as a reaction to some stressor. I don’t see the definitive salt grain sized white spots diagnostic for ich, but they could be mixed in there.

It isn’t velvet - that causes rapid breathing and not feeding and if you see spots at all, it looks like a cloudy film or dust.

Jay

OP
OP
R

Ruzica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!
To me, that doesn’t look like ich or velvet, but rather a bacterial infection or lymphocytosis.
If lympho, there really isn’t much you can do, but it also is almost never harmful to the fish. Generally it comes from some stressor like water params or diet.
If bacterial, it’s best to treat the fish with a broad spectrum antibiotic like kanaplex or neoplex.
Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. I will wait until tomorrow and see if it's getting better or worse, and start to consider that it might be bacterial. Thank you

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Many tanks,
Welcome to zReef2Reef!
welcometuna.gif

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back