Hello from UK

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Hope your tang recovers.

You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’

H8VECcFiTCylIqSp-MdpRw.jpeg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. I will wait until tomorrow and see if it's getting better or worse, and start to consider that it might be bacterial. Thank you
First - welcome - it does not look like a common parasite/disease (as others have said) - Welcome to R2R. I have seen lymphocystis on the body (instead of the tips of the fins) - it may be that (Lymphocystis is a self-limited viral infection). Looks like a nice fish! If you see salt-sized 'grains' - or any other symptoms as @Jay Hemdal said - please report - also - did you QT all the fish in the tank?

PS - re-reading your original post, Any further worsening - please let us know - and not necessarily the spots you see now - but rather new 'dullness/mucus/breathing problems' as well

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Agree on mucus cones which often stem from skin irritation, previous ich and can be mixed in with ich and recommended will be isolation in a quarantine tank with coppersafe treatment

OP
OP
R

Ruzica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could also be mucus plugs that tangs sometimes develop as a reaction to some stressor. I don’t see the definitive salt grain sized white spots diagnostic for ich, but they could be mixed in there.

It isn’t velvet - that causes rapid breathing and not feeding and if you see spots at all, it looks like a cloudy film or dust.

Jay
I think it will end Yellow Tang went trough some stress because today all the white spots are gone, and it's eating again and being happy, I hope it will stay that way. Thank you very much for replying

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it will end Yellow Tang went trough some stress because today all the white spots are gone, and it's eating again and being happy, I hope it will stay that way. Thank you very much for replying

Just be cautiously optimistic - ich spots (trophonts) will also "come and go" when the disease first gets started, so watch closely for a return of them!

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back