Hello R2R community! my 2nd try at a reef fourm

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Coral Storm Welcome to R2R! Definately late to the party here but as echoed in previous posts, this forum is certainly one of the best I've been a part of and it keeps getting better with more new reefers and new members such as yourself joining in on the fun every day!:)

It may have been mentioned before but we all love a new build thread with TONS of pictures! Feel free to start one up in the members tanks section and share your tank journey with us from the start. I honestly don't think there's a tank out there without algae in it. It's natural and those who don't have it in there DT just have it somewhere else (Fuge, reactor, scrubber etc.). If you feel like you want to get rid of it there are a ton of good algae eaters that are more than suitable for your tank:)
stitch.gif

Also if you need help with anything you can search our forum using key words in the search bar. If your having an issue I can almost guarantee that someone else has had the same or similar and you'll be able to find answer a there. If you can't find any feel free to start a thread with your issue and use the Hashtag #Reefsquad (Sorry guys:p), this will call a rather large team of reefers who are more than willing to help out other members whenever they can. It's a very handy tool when threads that are started can sometimes be lost in the big blue sea of thread updates.

I hope that you feel welcome here and settle in nicely, if you do start a tank thread, link it here so we can all follow along!:):)

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R

this is a 55 gallon... i dont think a tang will fit

No it will not but 10 - 15 hermits of different species, 10 - 15 snails of different species (algae eating snails, 1 or two urchins will and some wet hands will do the job.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Coral Storm

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R

No it will not but 10 - 15 hermits of different species, 10 - 15 snails of different species (algae eating snails, 1 or two urchins will and some wet hands will do the job.

Sincerely Lasse
got an army of 40 hermits and 2 emerald crabs i attempted snails but cleaner shrimp went rampage and killed them

OP
OP
Coral Storm

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Coral Storm Welcome to R2R! Definately late to the party here but as echoed in previous posts, this forum is certainly one of the best I've been a part of and it keeps getting better with more new reefers and new members such as yourself joining in on the fun every day!:)

It may have been mentioned before but we all love a new build thread with TONS of pictures! Feel free to start one up in the members tanks section and share your tank journey with us from the start. I honestly don't think there's a tank out there without algae in it. It's natural and those who don't have it in there DT just have it somewhere else (Fuge, reactor, scrubber etc.). If you feel like you want to get rid of it there are a ton of good algae eaters that are more than suitable for your tank:)
stitch.gif

Also if you need help with anything you can search our forum using key words in the search bar. If your having an issue I can almost guarantee that someone else has had the same or similar and you'll be able to find answer a there. If you can't find any feel free to start a thread with your issue and use the Hashtag #Reefsquad (Sorry guys:p), this will call a rather large team of reefers who are more than willing to help out other members whenever they can. It's a very handy tool when threads that are started can sometimes be lost in the big blue sea of thread updates.

I hope that you feel welcome here and settle in nicely, if you do start a tank thread, link it here so we can all follow along!:):)

good idea a new 77 gallon started and would be nive to share it with yall

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got an army of 40 hermits and 2 emerald crabs i attempted snails but cleaner shrimp went rampage and killed them

What kind of cleaner shrimp? Wondering if the snails didn't die before the shrimp found them myself.

It'll be hard adding snails with that many hermits anyway. The hermits will kill off the snails for larger homes. Perhaps you could trade some hermits for snails at a lfs? An urchin is another good idea to help with the algae.

OP
OP
Coral Storm

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of cleaner shrimp? Wondering if the snails didn't die before the shrimp found them myself.

It'll be hard adding snails with that many hermits anyway. The hermits will kill off the snails for larger homes. Perhaps you could trade some hermits for snails at a lfs? An urchin is another good idea to help with the algae.
i know thats why i did not try agai with them urchins can be an option.... i will look at it

OP
OP
Coral Storm

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the 77 gallon i bough at my lfs for 300 dollars... came with a t5 light (i am replaving with powerful led setup, a black stand, tank and a 100 gallon fluval 405 canister filter

20190318_173704.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back