OP
OP
Lily Lemire

Lily Lemire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These baths may be effective, so long as you move the fish to a sterile tank afterward. Not going back the the Brook infested tank it came from.
But how am i supposed to get the brook parasites out of the main tank?? Im confused a bit there....

OP
OP
Lily Lemire

Lily Lemire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There have been cases where repeated freshwater dips over several days have eliminated Brook. Kinda like TTM for Ich. But must go into a fresh tank each time as @HotRocks posted earlier.
Ill try the freshwater dip for like 3 to 5 minutes till i get RRR but i still dont know how to clear the Brook parasite out of the main tank...

Grossman90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ill try the freshwater dip for like 3 to 5 minutes till i get RRR but i still dont know how to clear the Brook parasite out of the main tank...
DT has to be fallow for 6 weeks like hotrocks said. Means you can't have any fish in it for that time. Your only option is to buy another tank. Sucks!

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U can get a 10 gal at petco for very cheap that would be plenty for a qt. the display tank needs to be empty of fish for a long enough period for the parasites to die. Or youll be in an endless circle...

OP
OP
Lily Lemire

Lily Lemire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would set up a simple QT tank.
I have other reef tanks... is it okay if i
U can get a 10 gal at petco for very cheap that would be plenty for a qt. the display tank needs to be empty of fish for a long enough period for the parasites to die. Or youll be in an endless circle...
Thanks !
I was so tired yesterday i missed the "fallow" period information lol... so now a QT tank is not an option any more... can i use a 6 or 7 gallons ?

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you posted 1 clownfish as being sick, but are there any other fish? Fallow means all fish need to be taken out, even if not sick.

If you just have 1 clownfish to remove, you should be fine, get an ammonia alert badge, and do water changes / add prime/bacteria in a bottle if you see the ammonia creeping up.

You won't be doing any treatment in the QT, just storing the fish until your DT is clear of brook

OP
OP
Lily Lemire

Lily Lemire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you posted 1 clownfish as being sick, but are there any other fish? Fallow means all fish need to be taken out, even if not sick.

If you just have 1 clownfish to remove, you should be fine, get an ammonia alert badge, and do water changes / add prime/bacteria in a bottle if you see the ammonia creeping up.

You won't be doing any treatment in the QT, just storing the fish until your DT is clear of brook

There's a another clownfish in the DT too... so id be putting those 2 fishes in the small 7 gallons tank for 6 weeks....is this ok?

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and is its a clownfish couple? ... cause its the only tank i can use right away....

Are they both showing signs of brook and have you dipped both?
While not ideal, clowns should be ok in a small tank. Make sure to have an ammonia badge and good filtration. Can throw in some seachem matrix and add bacteria to get the biofilter jumpstarted.

OP
OP
Lily Lemire

Lily Lemire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they both showing signs of brook and have you dipped both?
While not ideal, clowns should be ok in a small tank. Make sure to have an ammonia badge and good filtration. Can throw in some seachem matrix and add bacteria to get the biofilter jumpstarted.

The other clown is doing just fine...

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other clown is doing just fine...
The parasite will live on with a host, even if the resident fish are seemingly unaffected. The fish you treat and eventually add later will become ill again. Other fish added later as well may fall.

OP
OP
Lily Lemire

Lily Lemire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Ruby Reef Rally in a bath for 30 minutes. Then transferred to a qt.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/brooklynella.247938/
You said you used RRR as a bath before QT but do you remember how much RRR did you put in the bath saltwater ? And how long ? I received the product in the past hour and am seeking advice as to how much i should put in the bath and how long should it be (you said 30 minutes)

OP
OP
Lily Lemire

Lily Lemire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please tell me how much RRR (ml) i should put in a 30 minutes bath ? I just received it with the one-day shipping from amazon.ca yayy!!
I dont have enough saltwater to set up the QT tonight (emergency wc in other sw tank and reef store was closed) and i will be buying some tomorrow so she will have her RRR bath tonight and back in the main tank til tomorrow ill doing a second RRR bath and put her in 7 gal. QT. How does this sounds to you guys ? Also i am seeking advice because her eye is cloudy and was wondering if i need to put something in her QT tank to heal the cloudy eye.

OP
OP
Lily Lemire

Lily Lemire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The parasite will live on with a host, even if the resident fish are seemingly unaffected. The fish you treat and eventually add later will become ill again. Other fish added later as well may fall.

Okay so if i understand correctly i need to put the healthy male in QT too... its pretty logical since it wouldnt be a "fallow " period if there was amy fish left in DT....

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If moving to QT I would suggest dosing Metroplex for 10 days as instructed.

RRR has dosing instructions for using as a bath. Add instructed amount to saltwater.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so if i understand correctly i need to put the healthy male in QT too... its pretty logical since it wouldnt be a "fallow " period if there was amy fish left in DT....
Correct treat both the symptomatic and asymptomatic fish the same.

OP
OP
Lily Lemire

Lily Lemire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what she looks like today.... sorry i know its crappy pictures but theyre like the most out of tons of pics i took ...shes so hyperactive :/

20181121_204024.jpg

20181121_204156.jpg

20181121_203948.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 54 65.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back