Help my fish please

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks pretty rough. I would leave the pH alone. Jay knows his stuff, so you're in good hands. I know you're worried, but he's going to need time to look and feel OK.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning yes we adding in the food metroplex and focus but he not only has hole he feels very sick we did ichX and forum 2 with Kanaplex because he has cloudy dots in his eyes not whole eye only dots that's I thought he has an infection too but we feeding him Metroplex can we also add it in the water because it's could get in him a little too from his skin and gills and someone told me he getting sick from low ph his ph is always stable 6.6-6.8 since we got him I don't know which ph he used to have that person wants me to add baking soda but I'm not sure about that so my fish a sluggish dt swim only swim a little for food and when he eats it's definitely seems something hurts him he has lymphocystic on his tail and it's swollen around it and I'm afraid he has in his mouth lymphocystic too but I know if he gets better it's will desappeared by it's self so forum and Kanaplex we add yesterday it's was 4th day from now on only metroplex please help if I'm doing right or maybe you know something I don't please
That pH is perfect for a cichlid of that species. How many days have you dosed the kanaplex?
Jay

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pH is perfect for a cichlid of that species. How many days have you dosed the kanaplex?
Jay
We started Saturday Furan-2 and Kanaplex so we did Furan-2 everyday and Kanaplex did 2 times with no results so today we not gonna continue

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We started Saturday Furan-2 and Kanaplex so we did Furan-2 everyday and Kanaplex did 2 times with no results so today we not gonna continue
That should have been long enough - you need to give antibiotics at least five days to work, and you've done that. Therefore, it may not be a bacterial issue.

Explain to me again - what are the symptoms? As I said the hole in the head scars are likely permeant. The spot on the tail is localized, and as I said, it may just be from a virus.

Is the fish eating?

Is it breathing too fast?

Is it laying on the bottom, not swimming?

Thanks,

Jay

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should have been long enough - you need to give antibiotics at least five days to work, and you've done that. Therefore, it may not be a bacterial issue.

Explain to me again - what are the symptoms? As I said the hole in the head scars are likely permeant. The spot on the tail is localized, and as I said, it may just be from a virus.

Is the fish eating?

Is it breathing too fast?

Is it laying on the bottom, not swimming?

Thanks,

Jay
Thank you so much for helping
He breathing heavily when he eats it's clearly seems like something hurts him inside of his mouth we give him small pellets because midium pellets he spit out and we see he is hungry but can't eat now we give him only small pellets he eats but not a lot I saw on his face that it's was tiny hole I thought it's was boom bam he got spooked sometime and bum bam on the objects I thought it's was wound from that now it's big and it's really hole, he has cloudy dots in each eye, he little bloated don't swim only if for food got darker almost black, sluggish poor fish we gave him Metroplex in the water in February but back than I had carbon in filters and ammonia remover Spoonge now I took carbon out and changed Spoonge, but now we feeding him again with metroplex from Saturday he eat but today I want to do 75-80 water change and add Metroplex in water too what do u think?

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for helping
He breathing heavily when he eats it's clearly seems like something hurts him inside of his mouth we give him small pellets because midium pellets he spit out and we see he is hungry but can't eat now we give him only small pellets he eats but not a lot I saw on his face that it's was tiny hole I thought it's was boom bam he got spooked sometime and bum bam on the objects I thought it's was wound from that now it's big and it's really hole, he has cloudy dots in each eye, he little bloated don't swim only if for food got darker almost black, sluggish poor fish we gave him Metroplex in the water in February but back than I had carbon in filters and ammonia remover Spoonge now I took carbon out and changed Spoonge, but now we feeding him again with metroplex from Saturday he eat but today I want to do 75-80 water change and add Metroplex in water too what do u think?
We tried ichX too last week did 3-4 days

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point, it seems that you have tried most medications. The only one you haven't tried is Prazipro. I don't see a lot of symptoms that Prazipro would help, but it might help with the cloudy eyes (that are sometimes caused by flukes).
I would for sure do a 50% water change with dechlorinated water to try and get back any issues with the water quality.

Jay

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know no one know what's with him no I will do metroplex because he has hole in the head since July his ammonia always been 0 nitrate never went more than 20 nitrite 0 ph 6.6-6.8 today will do water change 75 percent and no more other meds in June he got sick he turned completely black he ate good he had good appetite but he swimmed vertical I added the picture so metroplex help him or every day water changes I wasn't sure what happened to him in June his poop wasn't stringy was normal but now he is much worst

Attachments

• 20200620_144909.jpg
    20200620_144909.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200620_144931.jpg
    20200620_144931.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point, it seems that you have tried most medications. The only one you haven't tried is Prazipro. I don't see a lot of symptoms that Prazipro would help, but it might help with the cloudy eyes (that are sometimes caused by flukes).
I would for sure do a 50% water change with dechlorinated water to try and get back any issues with the water quality.

Jay
And Furan-2 is for cloudy eyes too but he doesn't have his whole eye cloudy it's only white cloudy dots in the middle of eyes

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ultimately, this just may not be treatable. Chronic mycobacterium is pretty common in older cichlids - lethargy and dark coloration are two symptoms, but the hole in the head or cloudy eyes really are not. However, there is no treatment for it.
Jay

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
I just did him 80 % of water change he seems worst after FURAN and Kanaplex
I think he is laying on his left side a little
I did ichX after FURAN and Kanaplex it's someone did recommend me :(
Maybe don't add any meds at all or metroplex is required???

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ultimately, this just may not be treatable. Chronic mycobacterium is pretty common in older cichlids - lethargy and dark coloration are two symptoms, but the hole in the head or cloudy eyes really are not. However, there is no treatment for it.
Jay

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And why he is bloated? What is mycobacteria??
It's only him in the tank where he could get it? The pictures I add it's from summer now he is dark but not black

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And why he is bloated? What is mycobacteria??
It's only him in the tank where he could get it? The pictures I add it's from summer now he is dark but not black
Mycobacteria is essentially fish tuberculous. It is found in every aquarium, even frozen fish food and tap water. As fish age, they become more susceptible to this bacteria. Symptoms are so widely variable that it is difficult to make an accurate diagnosis: cloudy, protruding eyes, skin ulcers, dark coloration, bloating or thinness, poor skin condition. Final diagnosis is made by looking at the internal organs for pockets of bacteria (by a veterinarian). There is no effective treatment, sorry. I'm not saying 100% that this is the problem with your fish, but we've ruled out so many other issues, that sort of leaves this fairly common one.

Jay

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No its not that!
Mycobacteria is essentially fish tuberculous. It is found in every aquarium, even frozen fish food and tap water. As fish age, they become more susceptible to this bacteria. Symptoms are so widely variable that it is difficult to make an accurate diagnosis: cloudy, protruding eyes, skin ulcers, dark coloration, bloating or thinness, poor skin condition. Final diagnosis is made by looking at the internal organs for pockets of bacteria (by a veterinarian). There is no effective treatment, sorry. I'm not saying 100% that this is the problem with your fish, but we've ruled out so many other issues, that sort of leaves this fairly common one.

Jay

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want that I had dream last night what he died and before that from August I had bad dream about him a lot of tham :(
I think he got worst from the ichX and FURAN and Kanaplex he didt need that someone recommend it I live in NY it's no fish doctor around :( so but I should give him that meds but I thought he got infection throu his hole and it's the reason he has problem to chew food

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 83 68.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back