OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O.K., then if it isn't reacting to anything, it is probably not going to eat, it is likely too severely ill. I REALLY wish I could fix this problem for you, but in some cases, there simply isn't a solution.

Jay
Thank you very much I will see him today after work I bought the shrimp and try find the stick maybe my mom try do that tomorrow I will do water change NO MORE METROPLEX???

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And guys please what you will recommend to do if he really has not tumor but has tuberculosis how I should clean aqurium and all gravel his cave, plastic sea weeds? Gravel I can trow out

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I can add Epson salt I think it's will help him with pain?
No, that won't help with pain. It does have a purgative effect, perhaps it would help with the bloating? You can try adding it at a rate of 2 /12 level teaspoons per ten gallons of tank volume, but a better way is to give the fish a 30 minute dip in two gallons of tank water to which you add 2 tsp of epsom salts, then return the fish to the tank (do that daily).
This is a pretty old school treatment, but it might be worth trying at this point...

Jay

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, that won't help with pain. It does have a purgative effect, perhaps it would help with the bloating? You can try adding it at a rate of 2 /12 level teaspoons per ten gallons of tank volume, but a better way is to give the fish a 30 minute dip in two gallons of tank water to which you add 2 tsp of epsom salts, then return the fish to the tank (do that daily).
This is a pretty old school treatment, but it might be worth trying at this point...

Jay
Thank you :( no we not gonna net him he was always afraid of it now I don't even know ok we won't do it I'm bringing the shrimp but mom say he is in his house all day can you tell me please if he hasn't tumor if it's really tuberculosis how I can clean his tank cave everything to if I ever decide have fish in many years what new fish didt get tuberculosis ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mycobacterium, fish tuberculosis is found in almost every aquarium, it just infects older, weaker fish. It is what usually kills fish when people say their fish died of "old age".

Jay

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r.jpeg

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mycobacterium, fish tuberculosis is found in almost every aquarium, it just infects older, weaker fish. It is what usually kills fish when people say their fish died of "old age".

Jay
Hi I went to change his water but I told mom he better be in a cave because I can't see him so she said just go home I will change his water :( she was trying to feed him in the morning I tried to catch but he don't see I brought shrimp she found stick and in the morning she will try feed him

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
It's actually very interesting you said about that bacteria how people can get rid of it maybe than fishes would live 20-or more years?

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
Hi It's doesn't make any sense if this tuberculosis in the water so some people drink from the top not filter water washing hands which has cut wound or whatever?
So today my mom put shrimp on the stick so he took one and spit out I think he wasn't even eating those small veges pellets because I had founded a lot of them in past month when I vuccum I think he didt eat for to month I can't kill him but he is suffering do you know how long he will suffer like that ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a physician, but this is not pulmonary tuberculosis that infects people's lungs. People DO get this though, from infections in people with impaired immune systems, through cuts in their skin when placed into swimming pools or fish tanks. You can research that on your own if you are interested in learning more.

Sorry about it spitting the food out, I was hoping it would eat. The food wasn't too large was it?

Jay

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a physician, but this is not pulmonary tuberculosis that infects people's lungs. People DO get this though, from infections in people with impaired immune systems, through cuts in their skin when placed into swimming pools or fish tanks. You can research that on your own if you are interested in learning more.

Sorry about it spitting the food out, I was hoping it would eat. The food wasn't too large was it?

Jay
Thank you for answering
No of cause not but now thinking what he wasn't even eating those tiny 2-3 pellets before when he was able to see can you tell me please how long he will suffer before he will die?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back