HELP! put coral dip in tank

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
im sure the tank will be fine. Just stay ontop of what your doing, and keep an eye on the fish. Keep the carbon in as well, maybe pull it out tomorrow and restock with a little bit more of it.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad everything looks ok this morning! These things happen to most of us at one point or another [emoji847]

cheseenlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i believe most everything should have pulled throw fine. maybe lose a feather duster or 2. glad to see everything made it !

OP
OP
S

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it appears my snails and urchin are still good as well. no longer smell that pine smell, fish all alive and look normal. :)

I have been running a ton of carbon since about midnight last night, should i start to take some out or keep running? Also i did 10 gallon water change last night, should i do more today or wait a day or so?

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me, I would do another wc and begin reducing the carbon tonight or tomorrow morning. 24 hrs with that much carbon should be more than sufficient since you didn't have very much of it in your system and everything looks healthy.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd throw an ammonia badge on it, just in case there was a microfauna die off that might cause a spike..
I am very risk averse haha

Glad it sounds like everything is doing well

OP
OP
S

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been a few days since and all still looks fine. checked ammonia last night and was 0. Even looked last night after lights out to see if I saw any pods and they where crawling everywhere so it seems all is safe. All dips have been moved to a different cabinet! and will no longer add anything at night while I am in a hurry! Hopefully I will make you guys double look at whatever you are going to put into the tank going forward just incase :)

I did reach out to ME Corals who makes the dip just to get there thought on what issues could happen (sent the night of) but have got no response. :(

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been a few days since and all still looks fine. checked ammonia last night and was 0. Even looked last night after lights out to see if I saw any pods and they where crawling everywhere so it seems all is safe. All dips have been moved to a different cabinet! and will no longer add anything at night while I am in a hurry! Hopefully I will make you guys double look at whatever you are going to put into the tank going forward just incase :)

I did reach out to ME Corals who makes the dip just to get there thought on what issues could happen (sent the night of) but have got no response. :(
Glad that all are doing well [emoji1] I think we've all been through it at least once even some of those of us that would not care to admit to it [emoji12]

Drewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you're on the right track :)

When it did it I meant to put in coral aminos. Same bottle color and everything. I too now keep meds in a separate location [emoji12]
Just did the same thing today andcsaw this thread. 2LF Revive instead of 2LF Amino. Got 1 ml in andcsaid "wierd, that smells pine..OH NO So far, 1 clown seems sluggish. 90 gal mixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you're on the right track :)

When it did it I meant to put in coral aminos. Same bottle color and everything. I too now keep meds in a separate location [emoji12]
Just did the same in a 45 gallon

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m doing multiple 5 gallon changes

how much is too much? I poured EQ of half a dropper of coral rx

OP
OP
S

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would change out all 45 gallons. 5 gallons at a time. Put in carbon.
When I did it I changed all the water within 2 days and ran carbon for weeks. I did lose some fish :(

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would change out all 45 gallons. 5 gallons at a time. Put in carbon.
When I did it I changed all the water within 2 days and ran carbon for weeks. I did lose some fish :(
I got probably 20 gallons out and in so far w carbon. Everything seems to be fine so far. I’ll do a few more 5 gallon buckets tomorrow and Tuesday.

when did you notice anything doing bad?

OP
OP
S

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next day for me. It was late when I did it and I couldn’t make enough water at that time. Coral and all where fine, just lost a couple of fish and cleanup crew

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next day for me. It was late when I did it and I couldn’t make enough water at that time. Coral and all where fine, just lost a couple of fish and cleanup crew
Luckily I had water ready and then just ran to get 14 gallons of distilled to whip up quick. Can’t smell a thing in the tank. Skimming and charcoal. I may do another change or two but I think I managed to not put a ton in so that may have helped

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back