OP
lion king

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he eating well and otherwise acting normally?

Yes that's what's so confusing. He's actually very outgoing and active. He's very alert jumping from his perch and begging as soon as
I enter the room. He's only eaten dead very limited, spits out more than he swallows but I'm not that that concerned - I feed my lion reef live food twice a week. Otherwise he's a glutton for ghosties, mollies. and guppies.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that's what's so confusing. He's actually very outgoing and active. He's very alert jumping from his perch and begging as soon as
I enter the room. He's only eaten dead very limited, spits out more than he swallows but I'm not that that concerned - I feed my lion reef live food twice a week. Otherwise he's a glutton for ghosties, mollies. and guppies.

Pending what @Lionfish Lair and @Humblefish think about it, I would add him to the display at this point. It could just be a permanent thing with his eyes.

OP
OP
lion king

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's been in the display now for 2 weeks, he fit right in, hangs with the rest of them, learned the routine very quickly, and has taken over the #1 pig position. The lip thing seems to have mostly disappeared, which again seemed mostly discolored more than anything. The eyes are definitely not crystal clear, but does seem to change and be deceiving depending on the lighting and angle. No one else has any cloudiness and there is a tang in the tank, which I would think would be like the canary in the coal mine.

IMG_20170321_161924.jpg

OP
OP
lion king

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most current pic of the beast. He's following in the footsteps of my late fuzzy; he is a chow hound, I have to manage his devouring of prey. He's always front and center looking for attention, and hangs out with the others regularly. He's doing really well and no other tankmates have shown any indications.

004.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back