Herbtana

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, Today I was going through a petco near me for new filters and I was just walking around to see what they have. They had herbtana which I used in the past for fw ich, but I read it and it claims that it can kill velvet. To say I was skeptical would be kind of an understatement. Has anyone tried this with success in marine aquariums as it is invert safe unlike copper, or do people use this more as preventative? This is something I'd want to test but none of my fish have velvet, so no testing for me, thankfully.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may aid in management techniques, but as far as erradication it's very unlikely.

OP
OP
Old Fritz

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may aid in management techniques, but as far as erradication it's very unlikely.
Thats what i kinda figured. Like i said this is something i wish to test but without a tank with velvet it would be hard to test out, not to mention i wouldnt want to test it on the fish i currently habe or any really good looking or expensive fish

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back