D

Denise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I follow a process very similar to this:
My Current QT Process
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=1020&share_tid=483371&url=https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/My-Current-QT-Process.483371/&share_type=t

With some variations, depending on the particular fish and any symptoms I’ve observed.
Thank you so much. This is all so new to me. LOL! I think a QT tank is the way to go because like you said, even critters from reputable sources can still have the hitchhiker or two. Better to take that extra time and QT 'em before ruining months and years of work in the mother tank!

OP
OP
D

Denise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS talks up WWC and I am getting my first delivery today!! Will keep you posted. No LFS for me so I am all mail order all the time. I do work in the Burgh each month and there is a great one there that I may buy from and drive back with them the 7 hours myself.
WELL.....How was the shipment from WWC?????? I was just looking at their website and their corals are all sooooooo pretty! I love the LPS Green Duncan! What did you get?

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELL.....How was the shipment from WWC?????? I was just looking at their website and their corals are all sooooooo pretty! I love the LPS Green Duncan! What did you get?

I started small to try them out. I got some softies.

Live Aquaria is good I have also had great experience with BlueZoo aquatics. The customer service is great and they stand behind their product.

OP
OP
D

Denise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started small to try them out. I got some softies.

Live Aquaria is good I have also had great experience with BlueZoo aquatics. The customer service is great and they stand behind their product.
I've been browsing Live Aquaria today from the advice from another R2R member. I really like what they carry and the prices seem reasonable. Let me know what you think of WWC as well since I will be in the same boat as you being mainly mail order. :) Good luck with your new softies!

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot! I am fashionably late to the welcome party again.....

Welcome! This is the friendliest and most helpful reefing community out there!

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have zip-a-dee doo-daa. What I am thinking though is starting with an AIO, probably Innovative Marine, around the 40-gallon mark. I want to try and get away with only having to purchase one light, for the time being, so thinking a square tank. Definitely, want to start off with some softies in the coral department and clowns and gobies in the fish friends department. The absolute love of my life fish, the Mandarin "goby", I just read is a tough little rascal to keep...so I guess I have to wait for that one :( I would also like to hear your guys and gals opinions of some good coral and/or fish companies that ship...there is only 1 LFS that I trust here where I live and its supply is rather is limited.
Cheers everyone! And thank you!
Hi Denise. Welcome aboard! I have a 40g AIO. Love of my life. 3 month old tank. Don’t be afraid to ask anything here. No question is stupid here. Here are my 2 Nemo’s. Clown only tank for me. So much easier to handle.

1CE346BE-FEB1-4A25-B193-C52A3C55C526.jpeg

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much. This is all so new to me. LOL! I think a QT tank is the way to go because like you said, even critters from reputable sources can still have the hitchhiker or two. Better to take that extra time and QT 'em before ruining months and years of work in the mother tank!

Not everyone goes the route of prophylactic treatment, but even if you just have a mini-DT where you can carefully observe new fish for 30 days or so... would definitely lower your chances of having something wipe out all of your hard work!

BellaCoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Fred! This community has a LOT of information and make sure to ask any questions you have!
facts-about-puffer-fish.jpg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome To R2R!!! :)

Great Place, Great People, and TONS of Great Info!!!!

I am all for prophylactic treatment!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back