Hi, New here from Texas

Rob361

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I'm Rob, new to R2R but not new to reefing. I've been off and on since 2007. I've recently gotten back into the hobby with a 32g Biocube I found off of FB Marketplace, for a great price. I didn't really document anything about the setup so I'm sorry for that, but in my next build I will try to do a whole build thread for it. Looking to upgrade soon to my main display for my living room, just trying to decide what size would be best for the space. I'm not a "coral collector" like I don't care for the super expensive got to have the wildest color corals. I like just having the cool classic corals, that are hardy and are fun to look at and possibly grow fast :p. This time around I'm wanting to dip my toe into the SPS way more. I've always kept, LPS, Easier SPS and softies no problem. I want a mostly SPS dominant tank this time around with some LPS for movement sporadically around the tank. So, I'm open for any advice with that as well.

I'm from Corpus Christi, TX, so we only have 2 SW fish stores here, if you don't count Petco lol. The closest next fish store is 2 hours away in San Antonio, so that could be like a once a month trip or 2 if we're lucky. So, that means either things are slow building or online orders are the way to go. I've never really ordered coral or fish online before, so I don't know how that would go or who to order from, so any advice there would be great.

Thank you!
-Rob

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
images.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

I have ordered coral online several times. Cherry Corals, World Wide Corals and from @Camaro Show Corals here on Reef2Reef have all been great. All my orders have come in wonderful and healthy. You definitely want to careful how hot is it outside. I wouldn't order in the hottest parts of summer myself.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to the forum! There's quite a few threads already about where to source fish and corals online. Ive personally ordered from Tidal Gardens, Fish of Hex, Top Shelf Aquatics and corals.com. I had good experiences with all of them. For fish I recommend Dr. Reef since they are pre quarantined, but there are many more.

now what? fish GIF

kentexan3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I'm Rob, new to R2R but not new to reefing. I've been off and on since 2007. I've recently gotten back into the hobby with a 32g Biocube I found off of FB Marketplace, for a great price. I didn't really document anything about the setup so I'm sorry for that, but in my next build I will try to do a whole build thread for it. Looking to upgrade soon to my main display for my living room, just trying to decide what size would be best for the space. I'm not a "coral collector" like I don't care for the super expensive got to have the wildest color corals. I like just having the cool classic corals, that are hardy and are fun to look at and possibly grow fast :p. This time around I'm wanting to dip my toe into the SPS way more. I've always kept, LPS, Easier SPS and softies no problem. I want a mostly SPS dominant tank this time around with some LPS for movement sporadically around the tank. So, I'm open for any advice with that as well.

I'm from Corpus Christi, TX, so we only have 2 SW fish stores here, if you don't count Petco lol. The closest next fish store is 2 hours away in San Antonio, so that could be like a once a month trip or 2 if we're lucky. So, that means either things are slow building or online orders are the way to go. I've never really ordered coral or fish online before, so I don't know how that would go or who to order from, so any advice there would be great.

Thank you!
-Rob
Welcome man, I’m in San Antonio and could let you know a couple of great ones we have here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back