• Total voters

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm...
I'm to whimsical for this but I have been looking for a healthy Coris Gaimard for a while.

Also would love to home this guy but I know I don't have a big enough tank:
tempImagewHOYBC.png

Send him to me, does that store ship, seriously I've been considering getting one.

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have the dream tank of 3’x16”x1’ and so far out of my holy grails I have;
A trio of Pseudocheilinops ataenia

…and nothing else. I’m currently hunting for a Pair of Wetmorella tanakai. Last thing I absolutely want is either of these;
Centropyge multicolor (The absolute dream)
Paracentropyge venusta (If I can’t get the multicolor)
Paracentropyge multifasciata (If I can’t get any of the above two)
Can you explain why Wetmorella tanakai is so difficult to source? I too am looking. I figured they are seasonal - but am i missing the season lol? Had tons of nigropinnata come thru the shop. No tanakai…

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explain why Wetmorella tanakai is so difficult to source? I too am looking. I figured they are seasonal - but am i missing the season lol? Had tons of nigropinnata come thru the shop. No tanakai…
Tanakai being smaller and much more reclusive in the wild makes it harder to get hold of for the trade. They are also seasonal, I’ve found the best times to get hold of them is September-October or March-Early April. The other issue is Tanakai and Albofasciata can be confused for eachother quite often.

It’s a pain to find a tanakai however they’re really worth it.

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanakai being smaller and much more reclusive in the wild makes it harder to get hold of for the trade. They are also seasonal, I’ve found the best times to get hold of them is September-October or March-Early April. The other issue is Tanakai and Albofasciata can be confused for eachother quite often.

It’s a pain to find a tanakai however they’re really worth it.
Looking to setup a “species only” tank for a tanakai. Ive begun to understand how difficult it is to try to setup a tank for a fish that only appears seasonally lol. Timing is truly everything i guess lol

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored a last 2-3 years, some.might be common to.many but they are rare over here across the globe.
-Achilles my dream fish had him.for around 3 years now.
- Acanthurus Polyzona, zebra tang I have since around 5-6 months. A real holy grail!
-paracheilinus piscilineatus, mauritius flasher wrass, I got at same time as the zebra tang.
-Liopropoma carmabi, candy basslet, I have since around 8 months.
- ventralis anthia, unfortunately only one, have it since around 2 years.

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored a last 2-3 years, some.might be common to.many but they are rare over here across the globe.
-Achilles my dream fish had him.for around 3 years now.
- Acanthurus Polyzona, zebra tang I have since around 5-6 months. A real holy grail!
-paracheilinus piscilineatus, mauritius flasher wrass, I got at same time as the zebra tang.
-Liopropoma carmabi, candy basslet, I have since around 8 months.
- ventralis anthia, unfortunately only one, have it since around 2 years.
Ooo Acanthurus polyzona! Awesome fish!!! Great list - very envious @maroun.c!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to setup a “species only” tank for a tanakai. Ive begun to understand how difficult it is to try to setup a tank for a fish that only appears seasonally lol. Timing is truly everything i guess lol
It really is, I had been hunting a singular Tanakai for several years and ended up finding one and lost that guy so I then tried again and gave up after a year but now I’m ready for the hunt but the difference is I’m hunting for a pair (Two juveniles or an established pair, I’d prefer two juvies though).
Dream fish tho would be Genicanthus personatus pair. With a tinkeri. M my
That would be a stunning tank. Genicanthus personatus is another on my holy grails.

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really is, I had been hunting a singular Tanakai for several years and ended up finding one and lost that guy so I then tried again and gave up after a year but now I’m ready for the hunt but the difference is I’m hunting for a pair (Two juveniles or an established pair, I’d prefer two juvies though).

That would be a stunning tank. Genicanthus personatus is another on my holy grails.
Too many to choose from lol. A lot of great fish listed in this thread. Add Paracheilinus hemitaeniatus to my list too lol

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it was sold yesterday. What are the odds after being there for months.

I'm considering ordering one from here. https://gulfspecimen.org/
I emailed them and they said the have a P. tribulus, remember I told you how they use the common name sea robin and don't indicate the actual species. I'm also considering a leopard toadfish, Opsanus pardus.

Wrassefan78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t been on here in a awhile but here’s a few from my collection, no longer have Chaoti Wrasse though. But, the Hawaiian Flame Fairy hands down is my baby!

That’s awesome man especially the flame wrasse. Did your male flame wrasse transition or did you buy as a male?

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My holy grail fish…literally a holy grail is a hybrid angelfish. He’s a cross between a Black Phantom and a Grey Poma. I believe Reefbuilders had an article about this fish and Poma Labs have a few they are breeding:
1664298366521.jpeg

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if I mentioned this one however another holy grail of mine is a Centropyge multicolor. Only because I find these to have much nicer colouring than the nahacki but also if one was to look dull then you could say you have a poor man’s nahacki.
99B06EA6-2134-4CF9-8546-2C9F37F24A6E.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back