homemade coral dip.

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Bayer for the second time today. I'm dipping all my acros because of AEFW's. last weekend I dipped using 25ml for 2 gals of water. I went light by accident. I did find live flatworms after I poured the dip out. My fault, I should have gone stronger right? Today I dipped using 31ml per gallon. After pouring out the dip water I found 2 live flatworms. The corals were dipped for 10-12 min plus the worms were in there at least another 10 min. Needless to say I'm disappointed.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should not be to disappointed at least they didn't end up In your tank!

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP on my iPhone5

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that I will rely a commercial brand. It's $12.00 every few months. It's not going to break the bank. It's better to have piece of mind.

i have used almost all the dips available (coral rx revive exct) and the bayer dip is BY FAR my favorite and is MUCH safer for corals. Never lost anything to the dip unlike the commercial brands. 5 min dip 2.5 ml per 5 cups is the "standard" ive been using 2.5 ml per 2 cups with no issue. I have completely cured a red bug problem with 3 all sps frag dips a week apart.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back