OP
OP
Bthomas

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. That could work. Another option, maybe not as effective, take out that last tee, and replace it with a street 45 deg elbow into tee.
The closer to water level the better and safer
Im sry u lost me again.. take out what tee and replace it with what lol

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops. Meant to say Take out that last 45, and replace it with street 45 into tee.

At second glacé, hard to tell from pic, looks like you might have enough room for sock If you leave that last 45, cut pipe sticking out the bottom of it so you have an inch and a half pipe left sticking out, then elbow and tee

OP
OP
Bthomas

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops. Meant to say Take out that last 45, and replace it with street 45 into tee.

At second glacé, hard to tell from pic, looks like you might have enough room for sock If you leave that last 45, cut pipe sticking out the bottom of it so you have an inch and a half pipe left sticking out, then elbow and tee
Problem is if i put a sock holder on the side of the tank it will hold the sock near the top of the sump so that pipe would need to be straight from the top of the sump down.. unless i could figure some other way of rigging a sock without a holder

OP
OP
Bthomas

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Actually just reread this.. so that would be having the tee run horizontal and pretty close to top of sump. Is that what u meant? And then elbow it down to sump?

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, like this

131876EA-35C4-4EE6-A601-FA0F0BB0D79A.jpeg

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem is if i put a sock holder on the side of the tank it will hold the sock near the top of the sump so that pipe would need to be straight from the top of the sump down.. unless i could figure some other way of rigging a sock without a holder
Don’t glue the last pipe that runs into sock. So you can pull it off when need be

tdjma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no plumbing expert but it looks like you are having the two drain pipes join to one before reaching the sump? That could be a problem. If you separate them you could tune them into a Herbie style overflow that's silent. But they need to be separate all the way then as one is going to be a full siphon.
If you were to bring the two together and increase the size up to inch and a half or 2 inch that would help

charlesk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else have any experience with this? Im more concerned with quieting the gurgling of the standpipe
I had the same problem. The solution was to change the height of the drain pipes in the overflow. It took a couple of tries but it eventually quieted down.

OP
OP
Bthomas

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I added a bubble trap to the drain pipe.. may have helped a tiny bit but not much.. i think im just gonna deal with the noise
(Return pump was off in this photo hence the no bubbles) lol
3163ca0cc7fccce6d91cafb33c992b91.jpg

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like my tank. I have a Aqueon 210 with dual megaglflows. I was dealing with gurgling overflows as well. First I drilled a couple extra holes in the top, this helped a bit. The thing that fixed it was shortening the pipes in the sump. I use flexible pool hose and I had them too deep in the sump. When I made them only go in about an inch, they were much quieter.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, about an inch into sump is good, and about an inch to 1/2 inch in overflow too

Renots

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they do join before reaching the sump. I hate to hear that i really didnt want to have to cut out all the plumbing and redo :(
Look into other options before cutting. I have 2 that are seperated amd they still gurgle

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back