how good is the jebao dosing pump

marvelousone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at buying jebao dosing pump. I am wondering is it accurate, dependable. I know it is cheap and usually you get what you pay for. I will be dosing calc., mag., and alk. Give me your pros and cons. Thank you.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one, all I can really say is that it gets the job done, Nothing special. My inly real complaint is that when you program it to dose you have to input how much you want to dose at each set point. Moat other pumps you input the amount you want to dose daily and then how many times, they do the rest for you.

Heliarc19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is accurate and fairly quite(only runs for a few seconds) but the heads are very cheap, 1 didn’t work out of box and another quit after maybe 2 months. Make sure and keep an eye on the container level to make sure it’s still pumping

OP
OP
marvelousone

marvelousone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyone in particular on ebay to order them from that is good to deal with in case it don't work.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been accurate. As far as dependability, well it's a $60 doser? Mine has run for 5 months without a hitch, but I am now replacing with a ghl doser 2.1. For me personally it was something I felt comfortable enough with for a little while, but always knew I would go with a different doser in the long run. I checked my dosing containers each day to give myself piece of mind it was working properly. Some guys use a timer as backup to only allow the doser to run certain time of day, but when we spread the doses out over 24 hours that becomes tricky without a controller.

Pelagic One

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for chiming in, everyone, as I’ve already bought the Jebao doser for my new build, and was about to post the same question.

Is there anyone out there who’s had really bad experiences with the unit they’d like to share? ‘Just trying to get a larger sampling.

I’ve got Apex so I’ll control power-on times that way, and will absolutely check dosing containers daily, too. For $60, perhaps a hot spare unit wouldn’t be bad? Or should I start saving up for my upgrade to a GHL?

Such are the quandaries of this hobby! :)

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for chiming in, everyone, as I’ve already bought the Jebao doser for my new build, and was about to post the same question.

Is there anyone out there who’s had really bad experiences with the unit they’d like to share? ‘Just trying to get a larger sampling.

I’ve got Apex so I’ll control power-on times that way, and will absolutely check dosing containers daily, too. For $60, perhaps a hot spare unit wouldn’t be bad? Or should I start saving up for my upgrade to a GHL?

Such are the quandaries of this hobby! :)

You can't control times with the APEX it's built into the unit.

I have one running and it's accurate and not too bad for noise, no issues so far other than like all the others it comes with the head rolls installed backwards. Just gotta pop them out and reinstall them correctly and it's good to go.

Pelagic One

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point...was just following prior post. Apex can’t control everything, right? So no DIY like the YouTube videos with blackbox lights, yet?

And as for the head rolls, you probably saved me and other newbs from wasted bewilderment time while kneeling before the alter...I mean tank cabinet. ;-)

Last edited:

TheAquarian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is quiet and was a complete failure out of the box ( user programming error ) I Bought it from Reefbreeders.com they stood behind the product as if it was their own, even replaced the unit when we couldn’t get it to work.

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point...was just following prior post. Apex can’t control everything, right? So no DIY like the YiuTube videos with blackbox lights, yet?

And as for the head rolls, you probably saved me and other newbs from wasted bewilderment time while kneeling before the alter...I mean tank cabinet. ;-)

No there's no hack it has it's own control unit built into the top of the doser. The dose heads are basically 12 volt motors the BB lights are a 0-10volt control, totally different.

Here is the fix for the heads if anyone is buying one they should at least pop one off and look to b sure everything is installed correctly.

Ewilson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using mine for over a year, accurate enough for the money. Switching to calcium reactor so I don’t have to keep filling my dosing containers with 2 part. Going to keep using it for other dosing though

Back