OP
OP
marvelousone

marvelousone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I got mine in. Now is there a better tube to use. Everyone just use air tubing.

sneub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralust uses them and many of their tanks.

klesel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Junk I had 2 both went nuts screen went to some crazy dot screen dumped a gallon of alk I unplugged it plugged back in still was running 2nd one wouldn't run one head then it would not hold program .after that no more for me not going use a $60 piece of equipment that can destroy $$$$ of coral

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Junk I had 2 both went nuts screen went to some crazy dot screen dumped a gallon of alk I unplugged it plugged back in still was running 2nd one wouldn't run one head then it would not hold program .after that no more for me not going use a $60 piece of equipment that can destroy $$$$ of coral

Thats scary. Wow

likemike99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
horrible. mine dosed correctly and accurately but could not hold in between times. It leaked backwards multiple times out of the same individual pump. called the company and they said hey could not help. Frustrating because the other 3 heads worked awesome.

likemike99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
horrible. mine dosed correctly and accurately but could not hold in between times. It leaked backwards multiple times out of the same individual pump. called the company and they said hey could not help. Frustrating because the other 3 heads worked awesome.

Ray668

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one lasted 6 months. The wave makers were about the same for me.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After over 2 years of flawless operation I'm swapping it out for a doser that I can control through the phone. No problems at all with the DP4 but having to make adjustments meant stooping and crouching under the stand and my back wasn't having it. I'll still keep the DP4 in the case I start another tank.

DesignerClown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read that these don’t come with the tubing. Would a 1/4 inch airline tubing work?

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a year in and it's still working but the heads are getting really loud. It's a pain to adjust though, mine is strapped to a shelf under the stand and adjusting requires me to pretty much remove it from the stand.

I really only need 2 heads now so I'm thinking of picking up 2 of the kamoer x1 pumps. Anyone have any experience?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a year in and it's still working but the heads are getting really loud. It's a pain to adjust though, mine is strapped to a shelf under the stand and adjusting requires me to pretty much remove it from the stand.

I really only need 2 heads now so I'm thinking of picking up 2 of the kamoer x1 pumps. Anyone have any experience?

I’m wondering the same thing. The only problem I am reading is that it doesn’t come back on after a power outage and it can only be dosed 12 times a day.

You can get replacement Jebao heads on amazon by the way.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with jebao dosing small amounts ? I need to dose ~3ml dkh a day so spread out 2/3 times a day means 1ml doses.. I have heard when dosing smaller amounts it's not accurate at all

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with jebao dosing small amounts ? I need to dose ~3ml dkh a day so spread out 2/3 times a day means 1ml doses.. I have heard when dosing smaller amounts it's not accurate at all

Dilute your dkh solution 1:10. (100mL into 900mL DI water). Then you can dose 10mL three times a day and it will be much more accurate.

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's quite decent. It works for sure. I find the programing annoying so I hooked it up to reef pi and now it's a dream. What I can say is that I don't like the quality of the heads. Yeah, they work and they don't fall apart quickly by any means. But the quality is crap.

This is all in comparison to a lab grade peristaltic pump. So, I think it's up to whether you're willing to spend upwards of 4x the price for better quality or not.

Rule69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's quite decent. It works for sure. I find the programing annoying so I hooked it up to reef pi and now it's a dream. What I can say is that I don't like the quality of the heads. Yeah, they work and they don't fall apart quickly by any means. But the quality is crap.

This is all in comparison to a lab grade peristaltic pump. So, I think it's up to whether you're willing to spend upwards of 4x the price for better quality or not.
How did you hook it up to the reef pi? Im looking to start building my reef pi soon.

Thanks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back