How much Acropower to add?

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an ULNS, and following the advice of many of the sharp and billiant minds on here like @Randy Holmes-Farley ... but I am currently letting my Alk drop to around 8 (it was at 10.2) and adding some nutrients like Acropower. ...as my SPS were starting to struggle.

I am wondering how much Acropower to add though. I have the dosage down as I am just following the reccomended dosage based on the 145 gallons of water in my tank ... but how often? I have heard and read on forums that everyday is good, to once or twice a week. Just not sure how often to add this stuff.

Thanks!!!!

Va_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine on a dosing pump, I break up the recommended weekly dosage into daily dosages which is broken up into multiple smaller doses through out the day.

As with any supplement the smaller and more frequent the adding, the more stable it will be.

OP
OP
specialk

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine on a dosing pump, I break up the recommended weekly dosage into daily dosages which is broken up into multiple smaller doses through out the day.

As with any supplement the smaller and more frequent the adding, the more stable it will be.
where there in lies my problem ... on the directions on the bottle, it says ... "5 ml for every 25 gallon of water, at least once a week, but as often as daily" ... so I am not sure how often I should do this.

I would think it would depend on how "depleted" my sstem is of nutrients, and mine is pretty low! So I was thinking every day for maybe 1 or 2 weeks untilI can start to see some improvements... but again I am not sure

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back