OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humbelfish where did you get the cp from?

Pharmacy. You'll need to get a vet to write you a prescription for it. You can obtain CP on ebay/online, but the quality may be dubious.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So any pharmacy would have the 99% pure powder ?

Pharmacy will have FDA regulated 99% pure CP that has to pass QC. Buying from some guy on ebay... who knows what you're really getting without doing a chemical analysis?

Posted this page and the other page on another reef club sight and they dont believe

Everyone has their opinions on the matter and most hold strong beliefs about their particular QT protocol. FWIW; I am not advocating CP as the one & only solution for eradicating external parasites in SW fish. With ich, for example, there are 4 acceptable treatment options: copper, hyposalinity, tank transfer method and CP. One size does not fit all - you have to find and do what works best for you. ;)

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So start without cp in water then add fish then medicate

I always dose CP in the QT just before adding the fish. Just in case they have velvet.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 29 gal "fishless" frag tank. I place all corals/inverts in here for 72 days before they go into my DT. Just cheap T5 lighting, Koralia powerhead, HOB powerfilter, heater, rock/sand and a frag rack gets the job done. ;)

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humblefish can you connect me to someone who sells cp

The only way to get 99% pure CP (i.e. the "good stuff") is to have your vet write you a prescription which can then be filled at a local pharmacy (compounding pharmacy is more likely to have it.)

Below are some online places that sell it, but quality/purity may be suspect. Caveat emptor.

http://www.fishchemical.com/FULL-PRODUCT-LIST-CHLOROQUINE-PHOSPHATE-22937.Item.html

http://store.nationalfishpharm.com/NFP-products-Chloroquine-Phosphate-59567.Item.html

http://fishremedies.com/chloroquinephosphate.aspx

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And are the sights you sent me at $180 per kilo right ???and how long is the cp good for

You'll never use a kilo, unless you have very large QTs or split the order with some other people. For example, every time I put a batch of fish in my 29 gal QT, I only use 1.2 grams of CP (at a dosage rate of 40mg/gal). So, National Fish Pharmacy's $45.05 for 25 grams is about right. 25 grams of CP would enable you to QT 20 batches of fish in a 29 gal QT. That breaks down to paying $2.25 for CP every time you QT fish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back