How Will My Noo-Psyches Grow? (RETIRED)

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@noopsyche it’s awesome that your team is offering these giveaways and so involved in these threads, but it really seems like you’re missing the point. @kittenbritches has said several times that the noise does not bother her, but it is louder than other lights she has owned. That’s not a complaint, it’s an observation.

From an outside perspective, it seems strange that you are fixated on the noise level when she has said several times it is not a problem for her. Some of the commentary from you has seemed almost accusatory and I don’t think that’s entirely a Google Translate issue either. On the other hand, she has complained about the controller and that complaint has been ignored completely. I am unfamiliar with the Noopsyche brand and I thought it was really great that you were regularly posting on this forum and doing giveaways, etc. But after watching the conversation in this thread, my feeling about the brand is not very good. I would be hesitant to purchase a noopsyche product based on the commentary from the company alone. From an objective point of view, the poor customer engagement here is overshadowing any of the positives the product may have.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news — after removing the departed from the tank, with the skimmer and uv sterilizer going and lights down low, the algae growth on the glass was significantly decreased today.

75BA601C-5C77-40FB-8EAA-310FF609AF73.jpeg

More good news — at least one of my giant brittle stars survived! I saw him slinking back into a hidey hole toward the back of the tank. Hopefully that means a few more have escaped the Scarlet Onslaught.

In weird news, any time I see my ruby mithrax it is hanging out with or beneath my LTA. I tried to snap a pic, but she's camera shy.
I was wondering if you are showing off the algae growth on your front screen or you are actually trying to hide behind an algae curtain. ;)

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@noopsyche it’s awesome that your team is offering these giveaways and so involved in these threads, but it really seems like you’re missing the point. @kittenbritches has said several times that the noise does not bother her, but it is louder than other lights she has owned. That’s not a complaint, it’s an observation.

From an outside perspective, it seems strange that you are fixated on the noise level when she has said several times it is not a problem for her. Some of the commentary from you has seemed almost accusatory and I don’t think that’s entirely a Google Translate issue either. On the other hand, she has complained about the controller and that complaint has been ignored completely. I am unfamiliar with the Noopsyche brand and I thought it was really great that you were regularly posting on this forum and doing giveaways, etc. But after watching the conversation in this thread, my feeling about the brand is not very good. I would be hesitant to purchase a noopsyche product based on the commentary from the company alone. From an objective point of view, the poor customer engagement here is overshadowing any of the positives the product may have.
No accusations. Just figure out the reasons for some of the problems.
The controller has been asked many times, and it takes a lot of time to figure out how to use the controller at the beginning. Once you figure it out, you will find it easy to use.
Just a question
You can pay attention to the FAQ on our homepage.

K7 V3 User Discussion Thread-Frequently Asked Questions

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It has been stated a few times...they are using googletranslate. Not only is it next to possible to convey context and nuance in the written form, but imaging going through language barriers and an incorrect translation. @noopsyche is being VERY engaged and doing a lot to try and help...it just is translating poorly. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been stated a few times...they are using googletranslate. Not only is it next to possible to convey context and nuance in the written form, but imaging going through language barriers and an incorrect translation. @noopsyche is being VERY engaged and doing a lot to try and help...it just is translating poorly. Give them the benefit of the doubt.
I certainly did give them the benefit of the Google translate doubt initially, and even with their apology last night. At this point, however, I am incredibly annoyed and would prefer no engagement from them. They're like a dog with a bone.

@jfoahs04 is absolutely correct in that they have dismissed actual complaint, across the board, from many users, and instead are trying to change opinion or prove my measured facts and experience wrong.

Have I "figured out" their controller? Yes. I'm a capable human being. Does their controller still unequivocally suck? Is it light years behind the competition? Is it absolutely some bush league, JV, 1990s technology? Yep, yep, and yep.

Even if they paid lip service and said, "We hear you and are taking your input into consideration for future development," I'd feel pretty darn good. THAT is good customer service. Not "Here is our $h1tty manual; get used to it and godspeed."

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I certainly did give them the benefit of the Google translate doubt initially, and even with their apology last night. At this point, however, I am incredibly annoyed and would prefer no engagement from them. They're like a dog with a bone.

@jfoahs04 is absolutely correct in that they have dismissed actual complaint, across the board, from many users and instead are trying to change opinion or prove my measured facts and experience wrong.

Have I "figured out" their controller? Yes. I'm a capable human being. Does their controller still unequivocally suck? Is it light years behind thy competition? Is it absolutely some bush league, JV, 1990s technology? Yep, yep, and yep.

Even if they paid lip service and said, "We hear you and are taking your input into consideration for future development," I'd feel pretty darn good. THAT is good customer service. Not "Here is our $h1tty manual; get used to it and godspeed."
My apologies. I had no idea you were this annoyed.

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@jfoahs04 is absolutely correct in that they have dismissed actual complaint, across the board, from many users, and instead are trying to change opinion or prove my measured facts and experience wrong.

Have I "figured out" their controller? Yes. I'm a capable human being. Does their controller still unequivocally suck? Is it light years behind the competition? Is it absolutely some bush league, JV, 1990s technology? Yep, yep, and yep.

Not to change the subject, but do you ever sleep KB?

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allegedly...

5458F0D9-8535-4AC2-AE03-FC4F6769033F.png

There's a 50% chance I'd still be asleep, but my daughter has a tummy

Allegedly...

5458F0D9-8535-4AC2-AE03-FC4F6769033F.png

There's a 50% chance I'd still be asleep, but my daughter has a tummy bug. :(
Poor thing... stomach bugs suck. You probably got even less sleep than your sleepwatch shows. Most of the wearable equipment available commercially don't have the capability to accurately measure sleep but rather lack of motion.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor thing... stomach bugs suck. You probably got even less sleep than your sleepwatch shows. Most of the wearable equipment available commercially don't have the capability to accurately measure sleep but rather lack of motion.
I've actually been up since 5:30. And after she fell asleep again she had a nightmare and started crying in her sleep. </3

Maybe I'll luck out and get to sleep past 7 tomorrow!

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sleepwatch! :)

Hahaha, less borg more Rainman. :p
Very cool, I can't do watches in my sleep unfortunately :( I did finally order an oura right before they announced the gen3 and got an auto upgrade, so hopefully I can sleep with the ring.

Hope the kiddo feels better soon

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, I can't do watches in my sleep unfortunately :( I did finally order an oura right before they announced the gen3 and got an auto upgrade, so hopefully I can sleep with the ring.

Hope the kiddo feels better soon
It took some getting used to, for sure. I've seen those rings but haven't looked into them. Do you have yours already?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back