OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just posted my 7 icons for 3500.00 if any interest. Our house is getting closer to being done and not sure I want to move this tank, if anything I will have to set it up in the garage for awhile.

Spoke to @Joe Glass Cages today for the next tank in my life.

I may fire sale this tank if any serious buyers are interested with or without all the equipment and live stock

Memoreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just posted my 7 icons for 3500.00 if any interest. Our house is getting closer to being done and not sure I want to move this tank, if anything I will have to set it up in the garage for awhile.

I may fire sale this tank if any serious buyers are interested with or without all the equipment and live stock
That sound awesome. I am certainly interested in the tank and the light. I am in carrollton.

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What did you talk to Joe about? Not sure how far in the process or in the future you're thinking, but what size are you considering??

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you talk to Joe about? Not sure how far in the process or in the future you're thinking, but what size are you considering??

Well I haven’t said much but our new house I have a dedicated fish room for a sump and all that gear. All of the water lines, electrical, and plumbing pass through are in. I have room for a 10x4x? And would like to go with a built it.

I hate to say it but with my work schedule I barely have time for anything but I also do not want to give up on the hobby, I have been slacking in the planning department and I’m in very early stages.

Something like this but the left corner will be viewable (no idea who’s tank this is to give credit) -

6F294AB1-14B7-46B0-8FF0-3F62E9BDF577.jpeg

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Throw that bad boy behind the Porsche and bring it to me!

:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I think you go through lights worse than I used to. They really are one of my favorite parts of the hobby so I don’t blame you.

Very big IF, but if I were to ever go back to LEDs, it would be a toss up between G6 and Sky’s.

Can’t wait to see what you have coming next. Deven and I are talking about doing another livestream and talking about lessons learned from our peninsulas and one thing I absolutely require in a new house is a fully dedicated fish room for ALL equipment. I will never try to stuff so much stuff under a stand again.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throw that bad boy behind the Porsche and bring it to me!

:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I think you go through lights worse than I used to. They really are one of my favorite parts of the hobby so I don’t blame you.

Very big IF, but if I were to ever go back to LEDs, it would be a toss up between G6 and Sky’s.

Can’t wait to see what you have coming next. Deven and I are talking about doing another livestream and talking about lessons learned from our peninsulas and one thing I absolutely require in a new house is a fully dedicated fish room for ALL equipment. I will never try to stuff so much stuff under a stand again.

I tried a halide on the end of my 300 for a month, while they are nice I can’t stand the look of it over my tank.

Well for me I’m turning a 1 car garage into a fish room. The tank will be on the opposite side of the wall. Not sure what code is like for you but it brings a stupid amount of challenges because it needs to be a fire wall even though it will NEVER have a car in it, I can’t tie a vent into itand everything coming through the wall also has to have fire stop. I will install a mini split and finish it out once the house is done and pesky inspectors get lost

I can actually go 14’ overall but I want to leave access on each end of the tank.

Here is the floor plan with the media room option, tank will be in the flex dining, need to decide what wall it will be on….

43BBE320-6576-4826-A502-EA4D045B67B8.jpeg

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried a halide on the end of my 300 for a month, while they are nice I can’t stand the look of it over my tank.

Well for me I’m turning a 1 car garage into a fish room. The tank will be on the opposite side of the wall. Not sure what code is like for you but it brings a stupid amount of challenges because it needs to be a fire wall even though it will NEVER have a car in it, I can’t tie a vent into itand everything coming through the wall also has to have fire stop. I will install a mini split and finish it out once the house is done and pesky inspectors get lost

I can actually go 14’ overall but I want to leave access on each end of the tank.

Here is the floor plan with the media room option, tank will be in the flex dining, need to decide what wall it will be on….

43BBE320-6576-4826-A502-EA4D045B67B8.jpeg

Having a 4' depth opens up a lot of scaping possibilities, and it sounds exciting.

If you place it on the wall shared with the garage, I'm thinking it would allow you to access the tank from the back and make it cleaner to pass any plumbing to the fish room.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a non reef related hobby note my Grid Engineering Porsche RSR wheel arrived today, thing of beauty. I also got confirmation for a GT3 allocation yesterday. Now to start dreaming of when the day it arrives lol

6B9659F2-A023-4D7B-AC2F-50B29F8BF426.jpeg
AE4B99D3-B68A-410B-99A8-D1D905ED2BE0.jpeg

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love Porsche but I could only afford 914's as a youngster. Had four of them over the years. Maybe if I sell the motorcycles, two extra cars, and boat I might have a down payment on a real Porsche. Hmmmm the possible outcome.

mrbh22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That wheel is nuts! Any idea what kind of options you are interested in on the GT3. The touring looks so good. IMO.

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Quiverfull

I run 2 hours of clouds during peak and lunar mode on channel 1

Right now I only have 5 of the 7 Icons up as I’m testing another light on the end of my tank. I’m still happy with the Orphek results, no complaints overall

Nice idea on the clouds during peak. I have 150g display and 4 icon v4 minis. I found I could group the lights together but then override only 1 out of 4 to run moonlight so it's even less bright but running on more channels. Still playing with what channels I like. Using 1,3,4 ATM. Love these lights so far.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a fellow R2R member reached out to me and came to the house on Saturday and decided they wanted the tank,stand,sump, light rack, and coral. Was great to spend time with a reefer and we feel the tank is going to a good home.

I’m waiting for the closing date on our new home before I can drop the cash on the new tank with @Joe Glass Cages

I’m thinking 8’x4’x2’ or 10’x3’x2’ Thoughts?

4’ seems like it may be a pain but my fish have been with me for years and are really getting big. I’m open to about any size but would like to stick to standard glass sizes as it saves some cost.

I have a total wall length of 13’10” but I have a window that will be on the right side of the tank.

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a fellow R2R member reached out to me and came to the house on Saturday and decided they wanted the tank,stand,sump, light rack, and coral. Was great to spend time with a reefer and we feel the tank is going to a good home.

I’m waiting for the closing date on our new home before I can drop the cash on the new tank with @Joe Glass Cages

I’m thinking 8’x4’x2’ or 10’x3’x2’ Thoughts?

4’ seems like it may be a pain but my fish have been with me for years and are really getting big. I’m open to about any size but would like to stick to standard glass sizes as it saves some cost.

I have a total wall length of 13’10” but I have a window that will be on the right side of the tank.

My tank is about 3' deep (34"). I can access from both sides of the tank, but not from the back. I would love a 4' deep tank as I think it would really add to the aquascaping possibilities, but I think you would need to be able to access it from the front and the back of the tank.

Selfishly I want to see you go 4', but I think 3' will be more practical if you won't be able to access from the front and back. What's your biggest fish right now?

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is about 3' deep (34"). I can access from both sides of the tank, but not from the back. I would love a 4' deep tank as I think it would really add to the aquascaping possibilities, but I think you would need to be able to access it from the front and the back of the tank.

Selfishly I want to see you go 4', but I think 3' will be more practical if you won't be able to access from the front and back. What's your biggest fish right now?

That is my wife's concern also, and BTW thanks to you I got the garage floors epoxied lol. I have a sailfin that's pretty large and certainly fat, about 5 years old.

I have really flip-flopped on the whole fish room in the garage, or the reef tank in the garage, my wife really likes the look of a built-in but that creates its own challenges. Another challenge for me is my work/travel schedule, I'm afraid of all of this getting too complicated, honestly, my wife spends the most time with the tank.

This is an end game tank for us and our house until retirement

Last edited:

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would do whatever is needed to have a fish room especially on an “end game” tank. I would never compromise on that after dealing with my peninsula and everything under the stand.

If you have a fish room, that would mean access from front and back? If so, 8*4*2 or 10*4*2 gets my vote. That extra foot front to back would make for killer scaping and a real true depth effect. I think the tangs would love the extra 2 feet if you can swing it but that adds more lights, more powerheads, more flow issues, etc.

I also plan to build my next tank around an ATS at the center of filtration. Skimmer and ozone for yellowing and an ATS to keep nutrients in check.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do whatever is needed to have a fish room especially on an “end game” tank. I would never compromise on that after dealing with my peninsula and everything under the stand.

If you have a fish room, that would mean access from front and back? If so, 8*4*2 or 10*4*2 gets my vote. That extra foot front to back would make for killer scaping and a real true depth effect. I think the tangs would love the extra 2 feet if you can swing it but that adds more lights, more powerheads, more flow issues, etc.

I also plan to build my next tank around an ATS at the center of filtration. Skimmer and ozone for yellowing and an ATS to keep nutrients in check.

The wall was finished due to some issues having a hole in a garage tied to a living space, it will all have to be cut out after the house is finished and closed(to get access to the back of the tank) this is why I was second-guessing dealing with all of that along with my fish living in the garage through all of that CX work.

Longatto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow! what a build. Just caught up on the whole build thread. just to see it end.....

but looking forward to the next build!

and when you do it all again, which lights wlll you finally be going with? I mean which lights for now?

and will you be sticking with mp for pumps?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 32.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back