Rating - 100%
14   0   0

lvzx14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably the flow sensor they showed off back in March/April is part of it. Even tho I made the switch to apex, I still want them to do well and am curious to see what they unveil.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool! New products are always fun!

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure it's something comparable to the trident, or mastertronic, some kind of parameter checker of some sort. I'm also pretty sure they are working on a "reliable" salinity probe.

What else?

hellsangelbx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking Ethernet port for hardwiring to internet for back haul connection. I agree with @Ivzx14 they already have been working on flow sensor which is no surprise. I don't think it's a master tonic competitor. They always tout about being different and not following everyone (Apex & Ghl) on everything they do. Even though some things are mandatory to follow as it's pretty much necessity (is. Flow sensor). My hope is definitely back haul connection, flow sensor, Ecotech compatibility, salinity probé, first smart rollermat (which reads water level). That's what I'm hoping on

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Hydro controller, Apex is obviously more advanced but thats fine with me since after ecotech marine, my second favorite company is coralvue and feel they are committed to ongoing development.

I honestly believe one of the products is going to be a Probe of some sort, If its alk then it will blow my mind!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Hydro controller, Apex is obviously more advanced but thats fine with me since after ecotech marine, my second favorite company is coralvue and feel they are committed to ongoing development.

I honestly believe one of the products is going to be a Probe of some sort, If its alk then it will blow my mind!
I think the Hydros is advanced. I have mine controlling the normal items like skimmer, return pump, heaters, cooling fans, lighting and flow pumps. It also controls the feeder and ATO, AWC and All For Reef dosing. It also controls the RODI unit and auto fills my DI reservoir. I also have a fresh saltwater reservoir and a mix tank. If the fresh saltwater reservoir is low and the mix tank is ready to use it will automatically transfer the mix tank to the fresh saltwater reservoir. Then it refills the mix tank with DI from the RODI. All I have to do add the salt mix. It controls the mixing pump. It also controls the dispense pumps in the fresh saltwater tank and DI tank where I can push a button to fill a container to use other than AWC or ATO with those pumps. To me that is pretty advanced. I have not found anything it cannot do that I was doing with my previous controller.

Last edited:

ssster2020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Hydros, I'm new to the reefing hobby and I purchased this controller because it seemed to be the cheapest way for me to start. But I love it with the exception of the wifi devices losing connection occasionally, which really could be a problem with my network. I am legit excited to see what they are going to offer on Saturday!

mje113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydros user here too--Nano reefer so not sure how common it is to use a controller, but was looking for some peace of mind during some summer trips. Apex seemed like overkill and didn't really want to mess around with a Reef Pi (though I was close). The price was awesome and have been loving everything it does. Looking forward to the product roadmap.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back