I think my tank is dying!?!?!?

jvgomes73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to take a shot that I can say that's probably and most likely with the problem and if that's the kind of salinity tester you using

jvgomes73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My next question would be what kind of saw me using because that's going to greatly affect what are nutrients so limiting the quality of the minerals in it for instance I use Red Sea Pro which is completely and totally balanced out I used in Instant ocean before and that was the worst salt I've ever used.

jvgomes73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the Viper Spectra I got off Amazon I have my blues at 40% and my white lights at 25% I tried cranking it up a little bit to 30% La absolutely didn't like and they were all shriveled up as if they were getting burnt which is totally possible to burn them with LED lights

jvgomes73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other thing I'd recommend as well API is not the most reliable test kit if you can afford to get some Red Sea test kits that would be the better way to go there more accurate I think one of your best options right now is your refractometer those plastic Instant Ocean salt so many readers don't work

jvgomes73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt is the 3rd most important what brand do you use , sorry my talk and texted doesn't always work wright

OP
OP
Sean Shimer

Sean Shimer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the local(ish) fish shop didn't have what I was needing for test kits so I ordered online and they should be in next week some time. They also didn't have the salt I ordered (Salinity) from them but they should be getting that Tuesday. I actual have increased feedings so I'm adding a cube of frozen, some flakes, some pellets, and an algae wafer

OP
OP
Sean Shimer

Sean Shimer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lfs doesn't sell rodi water, just mixed saltwater and I don't plan on going back every week so when I move this year and take the tank down, the new one will be started on rodi water

OP
OP
Sean Shimer

Sean Shimer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Image1487974927.246371.jpg

Got the new tests and will post new parameters once done with tests

Back