I Was Wrong

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nature is resilient and will overcome this setback.

Yes. Imagine if you were hellbent on killing all the coral in the keys...it would be impossible.
You'd never do it. Nature is way too resilient. It would be like whack-a-mole.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes. Imagine if you were hellbent on killing all the coral in the keys...it would be impossible.
It seems to be there is cause for concern when the water in the keys is 101F. That said - many corals are completely out of the water during low tide in bright sunlight during low tide during times of very high temperatures (and has been for decades). The only positive here is that it's unclear if the poster was talking about 'coral death' or 'bleaching'. as seen on the Great Barrier Reef, recovery is possible.

rhizotron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There are widespread, well-documented examples of human-caused ecosystem destruction and species extinction all around the world. Just because the idea doesn't conform to whatever ideological position you are trying to defend, doesn't make it untrue and tired cliches like this one won't change anything.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are widespread, well-documented examples of human-caused ecosystem destruction and species extinction all around the world. Just because the idea doesn't conform to whatever ideological position you are trying to defend, doesn't make it untrue and tired cliches like this one won't change anything.
I'm unsure what you're trying to convey here, but I have zero ideological position on anything and thus no position to defend on anything. :thinking-face:

rhizotron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm unsure what you're trying to convey here, but I have zero ideological position on anything and thus no position to defend on anything. :thinking-face:

Well, apologies if I jump to conclusions, but your above statement sounds like rhetoric coming from a certain ideology.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, apologies if I jump to conclusions, but your above statement sounds like rhetoric coming from a certain ideology.
No, I'm not one of those people who deny that humans typically have negative impacts on everything they touch if that's what you meant. I'm the exact opposite. I grew up in south florida and I have nothing but love for the oceans.

rhizotron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I'm not one of those people who deny that humans typically have negative impacts on everything they touch if that's what you meant. I'm the exact opposite. I grew up in south florida and I have nothing but love for the oceans.

OK apologies and thanks for explaining.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back