Ich or Velvet?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each ml you dose should increase your copper level by .085ppm (if you have exactly 20 gallons in your tank considering displacement etc.)
So yes, I agree you should be around 1.53ppm currently at 18ml dosed. Are you using the API test Kit?

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each ml you dose should increase your copper level by .085ppm (if you have exactly 20 gallons in your tank considering displacement etc.)
So yes, I agree you should be around 1.53ppm currently at 18ml dosed. Are you using the API test Kit?

Good. Good. Yep, API kit for chelated.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good. Good. Yep, API kit for chelated.

I am currently experimenting with the Hanna High Range Copper Checker, and have results that match perfectly with using copper power dosing instructions (This tester provides a digital reading).

Remember with API Kit. Read from top. Hold the test tube 1/4"-1/2" above the card. Best read outdoors in indirect sunlight. If you are indoors the sample may appear darker.

I am comfortable telling you to continue dosing, up to your target of 2.0ppm without any worry. I ordered 6 different bottles from different sources, tested several, all and they all checked out at 2.5ppm concentration, also tested 3 more bottles belonging to @4FordFamily, which also checked out at 2.5ppm.

This thread is becoming lengthy, but if you want to check it out, I have moved most of the data to the original post!
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/c...instruments-high-range-copper-checker.368943/

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently experimenting with the Hanna High Range Copper Checker, and have results that match perfectly with using copper power dosing instructions (This tester provides a digital reading).

Remember with API Kit. Read from top. Hold the test tube 1/4"-1/2" above the card. Best read outdoors in indirect sunlight. If you are indoors the sample may appear darker.

I am comfortable telling you to continue dosing, up to your target of 2.0ppm without any worry. I ordered 6 different bottles from different sources, tested several, all and they all checked out at 2.5ppm concentration, also tested 3 more bottles belonging to @4FordFamily, which also checked out at 2.5ppm.

This thread is becoming lengthy, but if you want to check it out, I have moved most of the data to the original post!
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/c...instruments-high-range-copper-checker.368943/
Good to know! I was placing the tube on the card, probably why I was thinking it was looking more like 2.0ppm when I'm expecting about 1.5ppm. I did happen to find that thread previously, I'm very thankful that people are taking the time to explore this topic.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back