ICH.......routes to take?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several threads on here about using CP. That's the route you want to go with a puffer.

Agree... but most puffers are also hardy enough to tolerate chelated copper.

SirTang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had good luck with Seachem Cupramine for tangs and dwarf angels. I start with smaller doses until full strength is reached.
For example, for a 40 G tank (at 1ml for every ~ 10 G of water which would use a total of 4ml), I use 1ml on day 1, 1ml on day 2, nothing on day 3, 1ml on day 4, and finally 1 ml on day 5.

OP
OP
Bakedpwn

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
turns out the CP is only needed with prescription if its for humans. lady said i can order it off the web. idk if i wanna wait for shipping tho so i may pick up copper power with a test kit since its in town. ill just do 1/4 of the dose to start with and see how puffer is

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
turns out the CP is only needed with prescription if its for humans. lady said i can order it off the web. idk if i wanna wait for shipping tho so i may pick up copper power with a test kit since its in town. ill just do 1/4 of the dose to start with and see how puffer is
You can order it off the web without a prescription but the quality is sketchy at best. It is known to be a lower purity than advertised and can contain some contaminants that could harm your tank.

OP
OP
Bakedpwn

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea im reading about that now. just gonna go copper and hope for the best. i think one vet might get me some CP which i can save and have on hand

OP
OP
Bakedpwn

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone ever follow that guide with a prescription. just wondering how much some CP will cost me if i can grt a script

OP
OP
Bakedpwn

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lolololol went and filled the 120 setup. never tested the Lifegard quiet one 4000 that i got with the tank. plug it in to start circulation, dead on arrival..... ahahaha i never tested it. just gonna find a new quiet one pump since its got the same 1inch fitting

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Humblefish said, the way to go is to get a script from a vet. I tried and couldn't get one in a reasonable amount of time. When you are dealing with velvet, time is not your friend.

I rolled the dice on NFP and it worked for me. My porcupine puffer was covered to the point his skin was peeling. Now it's 4 weeks later and he's fully cured (minus some fin scars that are healing)

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 40 28.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 68 47.9%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back