If owning a salt water tank was illegal, what would you do?

drblank1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is more of a for fun type of question. Imagine if having a salt water tank became outlawed. While technically you could still have one "illegally" finding fish, coral, and equipment might be a little bit harder. I am wondering what would you do if this was a reality? How would this affect you if having a tank became much harder or impossible due to it being illegal.
Go on a crusade to get new lawmakers elected with common sense.

formallydehyde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build a tantrum hole to scream in because I just lost the one hobby I had that didn't sound super sketchy when talking to ordinary people
1692231044956.jpeg

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how we rise up, heavy as a hurricane, louder than a freight train. This is how we rose up, heart is beating faster, feels like thunder. Magic, static, call me a fanatic, it’s our world, they can never have it. This is how we rise up, it’s our resistance, they can’t resist us.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lot of good answers here!

I was gonna say be become a back alley coral dealer!

But for real. . . I don't know, could go back to discus or maybe breeding some cool freshwater fish. Maybe go all in on that pond I've always wanted.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surely this thread will end well...

JK...in all honesty, I'd probably use it as an opportunity to try keeping one of the many freshwater species I've always wanted to try, like bichirs, discus, African cichlids, breeding killifish etc.
I think it's more likely keeping *specific* marine species would be illegal vs the saltwater aquarium as a whole.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This is more of a for fun type of question. Imagine if having a salt water tank became outlawed. While technically you could still have one "illegally" finding fish, coral, and equipment might be a little bit harder. I am wondering what would you do if this was a reality? How would this affect you if having a tank became much harder or impossible due to it being illegal.
I'd find loopholes. The same way I did with owning chickens in a suburban development.
Where there is a will, there is a way!
Oh My God Wow GIF

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the way of the world. Installed leadership creates loopholes. Moonshine but for medicine during prohibition with the proper license, marijuana but with licenses. Municipalities have punished children for running lemonade stands without permits...

Everything is framed with loopholes to punish the poor and middle class for behavior that breakup the wealthy's monopolies.

Shut up and pay your taxes pleb.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Break out the old pager and stand on the street corner wearing a long over coat. Dark sunglasses of course. I figure 10 to 20 baggies a day and I'm in like Flint.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 122 43.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 136 48.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back