"intresting" Wanting to go barebottom

MontiFanatic402

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow r2r's!! I've been in the hobby for roughly 6 years now, and I'm currently on my 2nd tank. I have a sps dominated tank, with a 1"-1.5" sand bed. It seems like I've been getting some clumps of algae forming on my sand bed and its becoming quite the eye sore/ chore keeping the sand nice and clean. I have no algae on my rocks, or anywhere else...just the sand I just wanted to ask some of you, what would be the best plan of attack on removing my sandbed? Can I do it all at once without causing damage to my acros, or should I do it in small increments? I also plan on upgrading my flow to a gyre, to keep debris/detritus in suspension and to cut down on the amount of powerheads in my tank....currently have 2 RW-4's 1MP10wes, and 1 Tunze 6045. Let me know what you guys/gals think??

Thanks
Justin

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removing the sand bed in small increments over time is the way to go. You might be able to remove it all at once without any problems, but if your in this for the long haul then there's really no need to rush things IMO. GL.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back