Introducing the Photon V2!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody post full tank shots of the light over their tank? I am thinking about getting the 48" but videos of these fixtures are hard to find besides 915Mang's.
I have the 24" model over a 40 breeder. I'm pretty happy with it. Covers well for a 2 ft. light over a 3 ft. tank.
b6YUpHU.jpg

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is anyone on this thread running their Photon V2's above 65 % ? If so what has been your results.

I'm running all at 100%, 48" over a 72x24x13 SPS prop tank, roughly 16" above the water. Trying to maximize coverage, but it does not quite cut it at the ends. So far those areas have been working for healing up Leptoseris, Leptastresa, and Cyphastrea frags.

What fixtures would you recommend for full SPS coverage for a tank of those dimensions? 2 staggered 48" with a really hot zone in the middle maybe? My fixture is off center a bit right now, and the shadier side is not quite cutting it either for SPS.

indyjaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine arrives Wednesday, any tips? Planning to run it at max height off the tank.

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul how is your tank? Hace you change your light schedule? Can you take more actually photos, please?
Sorry for my english
The tank is doing great for the exception of some montis but I believe that is a different issue. I have went down a tad in some areas of my lighting schedule. These lights are strong. I will try to get some photos up tomorrow as well as my current lighting schedule. Also I see that this is your first post, so welcome to R2R! Hope to see you create a tank thread. Hard to see but the tank in your avatar looks nice. I've always wanted to visit Spain!

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my lighting schedule. I bump up the percentages ever so little every week. All corals are doing great. Wondering if i should continue bumping all channels at all times of the day until i see them starting to not like it.

Sorry not sure how to turn image.

Bokeron_84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is doing great for the exception of some montis but I believe that is a different issue. I have went down a tad in some areas of my lighting schedule. These lights are strong. I will try to get some photos up tomorrow as well as my current lighting schedule. Also I see that this is your first post, so welcome to R2R! Hope to see you create a tank thread. Hard to see but the tank in your avatar looks nice. I've always wanted to visit Spain!
Yes, it's my first post in the forum. I do not know much English so I do not write but I was very curious to know your reef progress and your changes in the lighting schedule. I have a 50 gallon tank and an it5080 light

Acroporaaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a 32v2, I'm worries about blasting my tank with too much light. What's a good starting percentage? I like to run a 20k color temp. how much and how often should I increase intensity during acclimation?

Joel Franco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started at 30 percent on all channels and went up 10 percent a week. Does anyone know what percentage to run each channel at to get a 20k look?

Joel Franco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my channel 3 at 100, channel 5&6 at 70 and whites at 25 percent.

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my channel 3 at 100, channel 5&6 at 70 and whites at 25 percent.

ok so maybe i can continue to raise my channel 3 it is at 53 for my highest point of the day. All corals look great not sure if i should leave it or slowly ramp up slowly. my whites at their highest are 20

how are your corals doing?

Joel Franco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would increase slowly. At 30 percent on all channels at a depth of 20 inches I was only getting between 150 par to 80 top to bottom. I used a par meter get the amount I of par I needed fir my mixed reef. I am getting 250 mid tank and 170 at the bottom.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back