Is my baby clown hurt on the chin or is it something else?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, ok. But this wont require a fallow period right? I jus went thru a fallow period of 75days

Usually most healthy fish's natural immune system can fight off harmful bacterium which has gone waterborne. But also sometimes not. It all depends on which strain of bacteria you are dealing with - aerobic, anaerobic, gram positive, gram negative, etc. Also, some infections tend to be species specific. If any of your other fish start to show the same symptoms, you'll know you are in trouble. :(

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually most healthy fish's natural immune system can fight off harmful bacterium which has gone waterborne. But also sometimes not. It all depends on which strain of bacteria you are dealing with - aerobic, anaerobic, gram positive, gram negative, etc. Also, some infections tend to be species specific. If any of your other fish start to show the same symptoms, you'll know you are in trouble. :(
[emoji17] jus a 2 year gap and restarted reefing, facing issues never faced before. First velvet n now this. Jinxed...

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[emoji17] jus a 2 year gap and restarted reefing, facing issues never faced before. First velvet n now this. Jinxed...

Things are "disease crazy" over here as well right now. It seems every California wholesaler has velvet running thru their system. LFS I advise just lost most of his entire shipment. It's madness.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are "disease crazy" over here as well right now. It seems every California wholesaler has velvet running thru their system. LFS I advise just lost most of his entire shipment. It's madness.
I guess the best thing to do is they shud sell captive bred only. Iv read smwhere that ora now breeds tangs also. Jus make it compulsory across the world. My country there is too much of illegal stuff being sold in aquarium hobby. Here too lfs cheat alot. A tang completely covered with ick is sold saying its jus bubbles attached on their skin. Its pathetic. Sad.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8dc4abe004d8341e62bc56de9b061bf6.jpg

5c1bb209ccb98cf91d4d8200a422b0ee.jpg

8d9079cafbb20963fb5e8ec4d3adb508.jpg

This is what i bought. Is it ok?

Furan 2 will come by wednesday max also my tank

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanomania The metro looks OK, but Kanamycin injection?? :eek: Seriously though, since it says 1 vial = 750 mg, you can use that amount to treat 20 gallons of water.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanomania The metro looks OK, but Kanamycin injection?? :eek: Seriously though, since it says 1 vial = 750 mg, you can use that amount to treat 20 gallons of water.
Well kana is in powdered form, its come with some distilled water, thts to be mixed and injected. I dont know why they sell like this, but this is whats available. U can read the cost, its like 50 cent for kana and 10 cents approx for a packet of metro. Lol. So can u use them? I dont ming making the med, dosing as required and throwing away the rest, since its so cheap. It says kanamycin acid sulfate.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well kana is in powdered form, its come with some distilled water, thts to be mixed and injected. I dont know why they sell like this, but this is whats available. U can read the cost, its like 50 cent for kana and 10 cents approx for a packet of metro. Lol. So can u use them? I dont ming making the med, dosing as required and throwing away the rest, since its so cheap. It says kanamycin acid sulfate.

It should be fine, yes.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanomania Just in case... I wouldn't dose any of those meds into your DT with corals in the tank.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would salinity be affected? Since we are dosing 3 different meds? Also can i use tank water or need to treat in freshly made salt water?
My tank water salinity is 1.025

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would salinity be affected? Since we are dosing 3 different meds? Also can i use tank water or need to treat in freshly made salt water?
My tank water salinity is 1.025

SG won't be impacted. You can use existing tank water to begin treatment.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transfered the fishes to qt. Letting them settle for a few hrs, then will add the meds. The sponege is seeded, one can be seen in the tank and other in the filter.

5046747f5fc8aa3873113cb69a28f85c.jpg

Back