Is my baby clown hurt on the chin or is it something else?

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanomania Are you still dosing antibiotics to treat the infection? I don't think there's much else you can do really, expect continue with that. It's possible the infection has spread to the inside of his mouth.

Yes redosed yesterday. It was my third dose. As suggested for 10 days, every 48hrs with 25% wc. 1 more to go.
@nanomania Are you still dosing antibiotics to treat the infection? I don't think there's much else you can do really, expect continue with that. It's possible the infection has spread to the inside of his mouth.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes redosed yesterday. It was my third dose. As suggested for 10 days, every 48hrs with 25% wc. 1 more to go.

You might want to go beyond 10 days. Are signs of infection still visible below the bottom lip?

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to go beyond 10 days. Are signs of infection still visible below the bottom lip?
Yes but less then before. wont it be too harsh on the fishes, especially the one thts all right? Shud i use carbon after 10 days and give them a break for a day or 2? Or its fine?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but less then before. wont it be too harsh on the fishes, especially the one thts all right? Shud i use carbon after 10 days and give them a break for a day or 2? Or its fine?

You can isolate the affected clownfish (in a separate QT) from all the other fish, but once you have an infection on the ropes you don't want to let up. Keep pounding it with antibiotics until all visible signs are gone.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can isolate the affected clownfish (in a separate QT) from all the other fish, but once you have an infection on the ropes you don't want to let up. Keep pounding it with antibiotics until all visible signs are gone.
So can i transfer the uninfected fish back to dt? Or is it ok if kept together? Should i do the treatment every 24hrs or continue with the 48hr schedule?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So can i transfer the uninfected fish back to dt? Or is it ok if kept together? Should i do the treatment every 24hrs or continue with the 48hr schedule?

If they are all handling the antibiotic treatment fine (i.e. still eating), I would personally keep them all together and continue to dose every 48 hrs. If you can't setup another QT to treat the affected clown separately that is. I wouldn't put the other fish into the DT until you are finished running them thru your QT protocol (deworming/treating for parasites).

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are all handling the antibiotic treatment fine (i.e. still eating), I would personally keep them all together and continue to dose every 48 hrs. If you can't setup another QT to treat the affected clown separately that is. I wouldn't put the other fish into the DT until you are finished running them thru your QT protocol (deworming/treating for parasites).
The clown that was absolutely all right, jumped out of the tank...[emoji17] [emoji17] [emoji17] there was hardly 1cm gap, i dont know how she managed. jus feeling pathetic that it happened coz of my carelessness. What should i do now? Should i give this 1 back and get a new pair or should i get jus 1 clown?

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Real quick Q I might have missed it but they are CB right

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically the first clowns I had I unfortunately didn't know better and bought them WC one of them was ok the other one had symptoms like that of which u r experiencing it wasn't eating it cldnt close its mouth it cldnt swim properly, I was freaking out cuz I was just starting out and so I did research (which in this hobby I found its one of your most potent weapons) and found it to have a tongue louse, unfortunately I had to put it down because I read that those lice come in pairs and once they breed it's almost impossible to eradicate them from the tank unless u boil the LR and totally clear out the system so I ended having to put it down. Not saying that this is ur problem I'm just putting out ideas. But one moral of the story is don't just take advice from this forum but go to others as well as do tons of research!!! I can't stress how important it is to do research!!!!!!!

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically the first clowns I had I unfortunately didn't know better and bought them WC one of them was ok the other one had symptoms like that of which u r experiencing it wasn't eating it cldnt close its mouth it cldnt swim properly, I was freaking out cuz I was just starting out and so I did research (which in this hobby I found its one of your most potent weapons) and found it to have a tongue louse, unfortunately I had to put it down because I read that those lice come in pairs and once they breed it's almost impossible to eradicate them from the tank unless u boil the LR and totally clear out the system so I ended having to put it down. Not saying that this is ur problem I'm just putting out ideas. But one moral of the story is don't just take advice from this forum but go to others as well as do tons of research!!! I can't stress how important it is to do research!!!!!!!
It had some pimple kinda thing, now recovering, but yes the jaw is locked. However after my other healthy clown passed away today, due to its sucide jump, im feeding the unhealthy alive clown, and it has started eating again. I maybe wrong, but i guess its because the dominant clown has gone.im hoping for the best or will exchange the clown.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown that was absolutely all right, jumped out of the tank...[emoji17] [emoji17] [emoji17] there was hardly 1cm gap, i dont know how she managed. jus feeling pathetic that it happened coz of my carelessness. What should i do now? Should i give this 1 back and get a new pair or should i get jus 1 clown?

If there's even a 1cm gap, they will find it. Know for the future that firefish, gobies, jawfish are the absolute worst for jumping. I would keep the clown, nurse him back to health and just find another clown to pair up with.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there's even a 1cm gap, they will find it. Know for the future that firefish, gobies, jawfish are the absolute worst for jumping. I would keep the clown, nurse him back to health and just find another clown to pair up with.
Kool, will keep it

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50f48996e9940fcd9baa6ed665ea1d56.jpg
if so I had the same thing on both of mine one after the other but they went away

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And in accordance to what @Humblefish said I as well say to keep it cuz if it heals as they say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" so it may come back being immune to this and will fare better in the aquarium

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys the chin fungus has gone completely, eats well but frozen food only, no pellets, also the mouth is still open, its been long but no other bad signs. Had to transfer it to another qt, as got 4 new clows from the same lfs as they too have some fin fungus and ick, and lfs is not ready to treat it, but sell for cheap, so bought them. Please see and reply on my new thread for the new clowns purchase, got to treat them.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 95 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back