It was so much easier in the 90’s

Majkman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back then the access to books was all I had my Commodore 64 was no help. Returning to the hobby I am flooded by information that although interesting is overwhelming. My successful tank back then was wiped out by a heater failur. It has taken me until now to decide to attempt another. Unfortunately for all of you I will be asking all those beginner questions as I attempt to build a coral tank

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back then the access to books was all I had my Commodore 64 was no help. Returning to the hobby I am flooded by information that although interesting is overwhelming. My successful tank back then was wiped out by a heater failur. It has taken me until now to decide to attempt another. Unfortunately for all of you I will be asking all those beginner questions as I attempt to build a coral tank
Welcome! You’ll probably be very successful if you built your new tank like your 90’s tank. You can even now put a controller on your heater to prevent what happened in the past.

AcanSweeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! I feel you on the amount of information. You’ll find a reliable source and stick with it. That’s what I try to do, but I fall back into looking for info from every corner of the internet lol

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get overwhelmed, nothings really changed. IMO half of what's been introduced to this hobby over the last 20 years is garbage and really unnecessary. If you had a successful rig back then no reasons why you can't now. Give me live rock, halides, a good Skimmer and mad flow and I'm off to the races. Old dogs don't need new tricks when the same old tricks work better.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back